
The man silently mouthed the words
How? "I don't know! Mom always glared at me when i mention my dad. Every time i look at dad's dragon picture she'd say
No and tear the picture apart. I saved this one, though." "Ha! That isn't your dad! That's the sorceress." "Lee stared. "What? How am I supposed to beat a ten-ton dark dragon that breathes lightning?" "I don't know. Wait- how did you know about the lightning, dark dragon stuff?" "It just came to me. By the way, what's your name?" The man glared. Then he said, "Xanthos." "Odd name." The man scowled. "That picture was from the night of Black Blaze. The sorceress killed most of the animagus." "Where is she?" Xanthos lifted an eyebrow. "Probably downstairs, making your dinner. Oh, speaking of which i'm quite famished. I have to go." Lee jumped up. "W-why don't you stay here and eat? We're eating mac 'n' cheese." He lifted an eyebrow again. "Why are you inviting me to dinner." It was more of a statement than a question. "I insist." "OK."
Later... "Well this is nice." said Lee's mom. She served them macaroni. She caught sight of Xanthos's glove symbol. Her macaroni ladle stopped. "Actually, i'd like you to leave." Her green eyes turned electric blue. Xanthos stood up. He pulled a black sword out of his trench coat. Suddenly blue light erupted everywhere. When it died out Lee's mom wasn't there. Instead, a huge black dragon was sitting there, adjusting it's wings.
No comments:
Post a Comment
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?