Lee was frozen in place, petrified. Not Xanthos. He was speeding towards her. All of a sudden, Xanthos turned into Griffin. Though he was huge, the dragon was much bigger. She smacked him aside and turned to Lee. I didn't come for him to turn into the stupid griffin. I already saw that in the Black Blaze war. I came for you, dear. Now. Turn into that lovely silver dragon." "I don't know how!" Lee shrieked. She ran he obsidian-black claw down his face. He screamed. "Tell me. No, show me!" Lee's eyes suddenly sparkled gold and silver. He was blinded by a shining silver light. Lee stood where his house once was. The sorceress had moved them to the mountains. He whipped around his long silver tail, and flapped his shiny silver wings. Then he roared. Wait. Roar? Tail? Wings? Silver?! He somehow stood his ground, even though he was scared to death. After all, he was a giant,silver dragon. Lee roared again. Even though The sorceress was the same size as him, she looked startled. Scared, even. Then she laughed. "You have no claws, stupid thing!" Lee breathed. Then silver claws sprouted out of his fingertips. They were like curved knives. The sorceress flapped her black-blue wings and took off into the sky. Xanthos woke up. He was human again. "What happened-" Then he saw Lee. "You figured out the Animagus spell. Good." He held out his hand to shake it. Lee held out his giant, clawed, hand. "Never mind." He pulled back his hand as he eyed the knife-like claws. "Well, what are we gonna do?" Lee asked. "Find all the Anamagi." "The what? Oh, the rest of the Animagus." "First let's track down Selena." "Who's that?" Xanthos grinned. "My daughter. The Pegasus."
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
Animagus Chronicles, Part 4
Lee was frozen in place, petrified. Not Xanthos. He was speeding towards her. All of a sudden, Xanthos turned into Griffin. Though he was huge, the dragon was much bigger. She smacked him aside and turned to Lee. I didn't come for him to turn into the stupid griffin. I already saw that in the Black Blaze war. I came for you, dear. Now. Turn into that lovely silver dragon." "I don't know how!" Lee shrieked. She ran he obsidian-black claw down his face. He screamed. "Tell me. No, show me!" Lee's eyes suddenly sparkled gold and silver. He was blinded by a shining silver light. Lee stood where his house once was. The sorceress had moved them to the mountains. He whipped around his long silver tail, and flapped his shiny silver wings. Then he roared. Wait. Roar? Tail? Wings? Silver?! He somehow stood his ground, even though he was scared to death. After all, he was a giant,silver dragon. Lee roared again. Even though The sorceress was the same size as him, she looked startled. Scared, even. Then she laughed. "You have no claws, stupid thing!" Lee breathed. Then silver claws sprouted out of his fingertips. They were like curved knives. The sorceress flapped her black-blue wings and took off into the sky. Xanthos woke up. He was human again. "What happened-" Then he saw Lee. "You figured out the Animagus spell. Good." He held out his hand to shake it. Lee held out his giant, clawed, hand. "Never mind." He pulled back his hand as he eyed the knife-like claws. "Well, what are we gonna do?" Lee asked. "Find all the Anamagi." "The what? Oh, the rest of the Animagus." "First let's track down Selena." "Who's that?" Xanthos grinned. "My daughter. The Pegasus."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?