Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Animagus Chronicles, Part 5

"Your daughter is a Pegasus? Wait, you have a daughter?" "Yes, I have a daughter, and she is not officially a Pegasus." "Not officially?" "She um, may not even be human. But when works, it looks beautiful. But it seldom works... She lives in the Glade Mountains. The good side." "Good side? Is there a bad side?" Yes. We're standing on it." Lee suddenly realized they were standing on dark stone. The full moon was lit up in the sky, slowly being shaded by clouds. "Oh. How far is the good side?" "Three or four minutes. By the way, approach carefully. She lives with the other pegasi." "Are they animagus, too?" "Heavens, no. They are official pegasi. Pegasi forever." "OK..." Let's go." The hadn't been walking for long when they saw a fresh pouring stream with rainbows and bright green grass. Lee groaned. "Why is it so girly?" He asked. "Shh! They might hear." Xanthos whispered. "OK..." Lee whispered back. Suddenly, they saw a beautiful girl riding on a white Pegasus. She saw them and landed her Pegasus. She walked up to them. "Father," She said coldly. "Why are you here?" "I came. I need the Animagi." "Father! I don't want to be Animagi."  "I'm not asking you to be! Lea is back! This boy," He waved his hand towards Lee. "Is the King Dragon." Lee forced a smile, and waved. "Father, you say this every time. I am normal. You aren't. Leave me alone." Lee remembered. That was exactly what he said to Xanthos! He put his hand on her shoulder. "I really am." She sighed, then pulled off. She turned around and said, "Prove it." Lee closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Then he opened his eyes, and they were pure silver, no longer silver gold. Selena gasped. Then there was a blinding flash of light.

2 comments:

  1. So is Selena a half god, or a full god?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, technically she's neither, because well, - you know, I don't know. Because really she's not even half. Because as it says, usually it backfires when she tries to turn into it. But, he also said it worked sometimes... so I guess it's half. -Writer of Animagus Chronicles.

      Delete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?