Friday, January 24, 2014

Animagus Chronicles, Part 9

Both of them inspected each others agile Animagi forms. Lee shrunk back to human size. Lyre did too. "So, Lee, you seen that Xanthos guy? What a lousy traitor." Lee clenched his fists. "He was my friend." "And he betrayed you?" Lyre tsked. "Well, it's because he fell of a 500-story mountain and conked his head." "Oh. Well, what happens happens. I'll join you." "YOU WILL?! " "Yeah. Let's go after Bliss next." "OK." So they set off to find Bliss. They came upon a desert. "Come on, man. Let's go." When they got to the middle of the desert, there was something incredibly unusual. A giant frozen lake with snow clouds over it and a giant pale palace mad of ice was smack in the middle of the desert. "Um... Lyre..." Lyre looked up from his bag of sour cream 'n' onion chips. "Hmm?" He dropped his chips and stared. "I'm thinking Bliss lives here." They walked into the palace. Empty. Then a girl walked down the icy stairs. The girl was so breathtakingly beautiful Lee almost fainted. She had long, flowing, snow white hair and silver eyes. She had a long dress and an ice colored trench coat. She wore white snow gloves and her skin was pale. Her lips were the color of the ice from the palace, and her earrings were icicles. She smiled at the boys and said in a kind, quiet tone, "Hello. My name is Bliss. How do you do?" "Um, Prophecy wings, I mean um, computer keyboards, I play the pi lyre! I mean, I do quite fine." She giggled softly. "What are your names, I ask? And what are your Animagi?"
"Well, um, I have a radioactive finger, I mean a silver dragon." He blushed, then bowed. Lyre, on the other hand was much more mannered. "M'lady, I have the great Navy Chimera." He put his arm forth and bowed without hesitation. Bliss pursed her icy lips. "Silver dragon and Navy Chimera? Prophecy, I do ask?" "Yes, M'lady." Responded Lee. "Well, shall I join you?" Lee was never so excited. "Yes! I mean, We would be greatly honored." "OK, then." She smiled. Lee turned the color of a tomato. "Are you- I mean, are you- an Animagi?" "Of course. The blessed unicorn." She turned purely white and turned into a unicorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?