Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Outlawed Part 11

I shook my head and turned away from the TV. I just had to defeat Queen Nirvana. I saw Leanne running up the road to me. "Finn already got back. I left the helicopter with Finn and Ace. Bad idea, they'll fight, but they'll find time to be more friendly." Leanne said. "We found something." Leanne held out a book labeled 'Psycho Stuff' By Psycho Timothy. She gingerly opened the book to page one fifty. It said:
The Crown of Genetica is a crown that is said to take you back in time, as long as you state the year, and a destination. It was made in Ancient Greece and is now in the Velomosa City Museum. 
Leanne closed the book. "The museums on third street. I don't remember where, but up ahead, there's a small restaurant, and the main order-taker-guy is Mr. Mill. He's off duty most of the time." Leanne and I walked up the road, and I tried to ignore the news TVs on every corner. Finally I saw a small hut. In the broad daylight, there was an old man with graying hair, holding an order notebook. "Pardon, Mr. Mill!" Leanne called. The man looked up, an almost giddy smile on his face. "Yes, Lee?" The man replied. Leanne and i walked up. "Look here, Mr.Bill. Where d'you reckon the museum is...?" Leanne asked in a hushed voice. "Museum? Now, whats the need for the museum, girl?" Mr. Mill asked. "Oh, Mr. Mill. Beg your pardon, but that girl is actually the lost princess...." Leanne said, lowering her overall tone. "Oh, my sparks, how'd you happen to stumble upon this?" Mr. Mill gaped at me and stumbled to a bow. I urged him up. "No need, Mr. Mill... she's nothing more than a friend." Leanne whispered. "Museums right ahead. Brings the street to an end, I reckon. Ought to get back, hadn't I?" Mr. Mill walked inside the hut. Me and Leanne walked forward. Then, the museum appeared. It was nothing more than a few stands presenting a few items: What claimed to be George Washington's wig, Cinderellas glass shoe, Abercombie's first shirt, and a broken steering wheel from the Titanic. Finally, there was a Crown, labeled Crown of Genetica, made in ancient, ancient Greece. I picked up the crown. An alarm sounded, and a hundred or so police stumbled up. "Run." I mouthed and Me and Leanne ran about, crown in our hands. A few gunshots evaporated into the mist. I coincidentally dodged a gunshot. I ran up, though miles away from the police.
Finally, we reached where the helicopter SHOULD have been. The space was empty except for two roached scurrying about. Leanne looked at me in alarm. The police had gone, but where was the helicopter? Where was Ace and Finn? Leanne sat on the grass and tore out some grass blades in utter frustration. "The Queen!" She said. It was true. The Queen had taken them, no doubt. "We have to get them back." I whispered. "No. We can't just now." Leanne said. I tucked the small crown in a pocket in the inside of my cloak Cecile had sewed for me before she died.
"I am afraid that isn't possible, my dear, dear, ladies."
I turned my head and there stood the Queen, her blood-red lips shining and her pale, pale, so, so, so pale, flawless skin glistening.
"I am afraid you shall be my personal prisoners." 

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. Nice how you combined scary cliff-hangers and plain scariness. Cool, and amazing. -Anonymous person

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cliffhanger on this is great! I love the collection of items from various points in history. I'm sure that will be explained in the upcoming series :)

    ReplyDelete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?