Friday, January 17, 2014

Outlawed part 3

"Tasmine?"
I opened my eyes. I was laid on a white hospital bed, in a singular room. There was a single window and a computer desk. a blinding light was over me. On the side of me was a table. "You kind of... um... blacked out at the sight of that woman." Finn said. His black bangs looked oddly miserable. "Cecile. Where is she?" I asked, my voice weak. "She's in the operation room. They're trying to find any symptoms... the cause of the fainting, that's all. No harm done."
"They dared to touch Cecile!?!" I said rather loudly. Finn sighed. "Oh, come on, Tasmine. You know this is a bit... um... overprotective." Finn gulped. Better not take that back when she- I paused my thoughts. When she dies. I made it clear. I will find who dared to even touch, hurt Cecile. An cheerful doctor with graying hair and a friendly smile walked in. "I am Dr. Williams, you can call me Doctor. I am your... Doctor." The man said. I nodded suspiciously. I was alright, wasn't I? Doctor coughed and turned on the computer at the other side of the room. "Please exit, my boy." Doctor faced Finn. Finn waved and slowly exited. I spoke up. "What's wrong with me?"
Doctor smiled, clapping his hands three times. "OOH, you're a December baby! I do love the snow!" Doctor pretended rather amused at my birth date than my question. His phone rang, and he picked it up. "Yes, Mum?" He answered. A stream of talking came through the phone. "Yes mum-yes, I've eaten my vegetables... of course not, Mum!...I am not sensitive, Mum... Mum! My name is Eddie! Yes, yes, Mum. Of course Mum, I love you too." With that, Doctor putt down the phone. I held my tongue back from laughing. Doctor's cheeks flushed crimson. I coughed for attention. "Why am I here?" I asked. "No information is to be given to patients." Doctor said professionally. I huffed and leaned back. A nurse came in, holding a chart. "How old?" She asked me. "Seventeen." I replied. "Hair color." She asked. "Auburn, slightly reddish." I answered. "Why are you to be reported to the hospital?" She asked. "Ask the know-it-all Doc." I finished. The nurse coughed. Why was i here. I don't know. Where was Cecile. I don't know. "I am here to report that the patient Cecile Vic Aberdeen is available for viewing." The nurse said.

1 comment:

  1. oops! i made a spelling mistake: putt should be put! I'm sure it's not bad.

    ReplyDelete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?