I looked at the nurse suspiciously. She had just said that my sister, Cecile, was available. The nurse tugged on her face mask impatiently. "Notify me when you are ready."
I perked up. Cecile. Where was she, when will she be okay, all is about to be answered. "Ahem." Doctor interrupted. I paused, groaning. "I guess you may leave."
I dashed through the halls, the nurse struggling to be in front. "Miss! Miss!" The nurse called. No. Cecile. I need Cecile now. I don't care about my manners now. "MISS TASMINE ABERDEEN!" A deeper, robotic voice broke in. I turned to see a small security android. "Please walk calmly for safety purposes," The android said in a robotic voice, "Or I am programmed to report to the head security."
I slowed down and reached the room. I opened the door and fast-walked in. Cecile was laid on a white bed, a sheet covering up to her shoulders. A machine displayed the waves of her heart. The waves were rather slow. I ran up. "Cecile! Cecile i'm here, are you okay?" I looked at Cecile. Her rosy cheeks had returned. She looked weak. "I am here, Tasmine. Worry not, worry not." Cecile said in a weak voice as a tear rippled from my eyes. "Cecile, why? What happened?" I asked. "Worry not. Look, look Tasmine."
I payed attention the best i could. "Look. Nothing is wrong. Please. Look, remember what Papa said that Friday night before he passed away?" Cecile asked. "I remember Mama and Papa as if they are here with us, Cecile." I nodded. "Look. Papa said never to give up." Cecile said. I nodded. "Never give up, Tasmine. I will be by your side, I will continue to be with you. Promise me you'll make me proud."
"But- Cecile this is serious-"
"No. Listen. You have to promise me you'll do what I say." Cecile said, coming frantic. "Yes, yes Cecile whatever you say." I said. Her heart waves got lower. "Look, Tasmine. I am not your sister. You are the lost princess." Cecile said frantically. "Don't speak rubbish. The lost princess?" I said. "Look, Tasmine. King Orion had a wife and two daughters, to be true. Look, the wife died, and the two daughters disappeared. King Orion looked for them, but they were not to be found. A-and you are the lost princess, and there is one more princess on the loose. Also, Queen Nirvana is looking for you. She's the queen of Antarctica, she's undefeatable. She had color changing eyes. She is on the lookout for you, because you can defeat her. She made the law that made you and I outlaws. But before the Queen could get you, a servant took you to safety, along with the other princess. They were passed down, and Queen Nirvana is determined to find both of the princesses, kill them." Cecile finished. Then she stopped. "Bye, Tasmine." She said weakly. Her heart waves turned into a thin line, and I knew know, she was dead.
No comments:
Post a Comment
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?