Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Albus Potter: (Sequel to Harry Potter)
"Albus?"
Albus awoke and found his father shaking him rather vigorously. "Al, come on. Time for Hogwarts." His father said. "Why choose the desk? That bed of yours got fine cushions, know..."
Albus took a moment to confirm his dad was talking about him sleeping at his desk. "I-I lost track of time." Albus lied.
~~~~~~~~~
Albus found himself in the train station to Hogwarts, pushing his cart. Behind his dad and mum were walking. James was provoking Albus into wanting to jinx him with his wand somehow. Albus fought back until his mum told his brother to give it a rest and made his way to platform 9 3/4. Finally, he saw platform nine, but platform 9 3/4 was not there. Albus watched as his brother walked straight into the wall were the sign platform 'nine' was planted, and instead of colliding with the wall, walked straight through to somewhere anonymous. Albus did same with sudden panic that he might collide. However, his father reassured him. Lily, who was following Albus's mother, looked jealous of Albus; Lily wasn't coming to Hogwarts, she wasn't old enough.
Albus fell through the wall and found himself in platform 9 3/4. A long train labeled HOGWARTS EXPRESS with fine, gold letters stretch out before him.
"Albus, want anything from the food cart?"
Albus was in the Hogwarts Express, his cousin Rose and and James sitting across from him. A food cart had stopped by his seat. The lady pushing the card waited expectantly. "Um..." Albus scanned the cart for anything he wanted. "Um, four treacle tarts would be nice... and four lemonade too... with ice." Albus said. "Ten Galleons." The lady said. Albus withdrew ten small golden coins from his pocket and handed it to the woman. The woman put down four lemonades, heavily iced, and four plated treacle tarts. The cart moved on. "Oh!" Rose exclaimed as a toad bounced into her hand. A girl rushed to their seat. "Excuse me!" The girl said, "My friend lost his toad... have you lot seen it?" The girl turned to Rose, who was still holding the toad and took the toad carefully from her. "Thank you.." The girl said. The girl turned to Albus. Albus went a shade of crimson, for the girl was pretty indeed. Her brown hair was loosely curled and swayed to her hips, and she had blue eyes. She was already dressed in her Hogwarts robes. "OH! You're Albus Severus Potter, aren't you! Son of Harry Potter... your father defeated he-who-must-not-be-named! I'm Naomi Maxwell, pleasure to meet you!" The girl whipped out a hand and offered it to Albus. Albus shook it (turning a cherry red) and nodded. "Naomi!" A voice rang from behind Naomi and Naomi turned around. A boy Albus's age with blond hair and a considerable amount of freckles ran to Albus's seat. "Yes, I found your toad, Kale. Take better care of it now, will you?" Naomi said to the boy. The boy named Kale took the toad and turned to Albus and froze. "Whoa! Albus Potter!" Kale breathed. Albus shook Kale's offered hand and smiled. "Albus. Yeah, I am."
"Well, Albus, you ought to get dressed, see. Hogwarts coming up, just down." Naomi suggested.
Albus nodded and made his way to the bathroom to change into his robes. "Nice to meet you, Naomi, Kale." Albus said before going.
6 comments:
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?
I thought that Albus Severus Potter was... It's nice but it's not how the sequel goes... Have you read Pottermore? The sequel is Ok though. I guess there are 2 sequels now. |: -Sara
ReplyDeleteOh, and wouldn't they be calling Voldemort VOLDEMORT now? There isn't any point in calling him he-who-must-not-be-named anymore. He's defeated, right?
ReplyDeleteBecause in the end of book 7, it says Harry's scar had not hurt in 19 years. All was well. So Voldemort isn't coming back unless there's another he-who-mus-not-be-named. To shorten it, you can just say you-know-who, BTW. -Sara
Make Naomi in Slytherin! That would make it more intresting, don't you think? Isn't James more... Talkative? And also, add Scorpius. And um... make the main Ravenclaw person like, daughter of Cho Chang, Like the name... Grace Ling. (I said Ling because you always take the name of the guy.) I loved Cho Chang. Main Slytherin... Scorpius Main Hufflepuff, no idea, BTW, these are just suggestions, but you HAVE to include Scorpius. Thanks! -Sara (And it's HollyHEAD Harpies, not Hollywood.)
ReplyDeleteI love how you have kept up the British feel of the book by using terms like "mum" instead of the American "mom". Well done! Also, I recently heard in an interview that JKRowling was sorry that she didn't allow Harry and Hermoine to marry at the end of the last book, that originally they were supposed to end up together. Mrs.Goins
ReplyDeletewell, to answer your questions, first of all Naomi is in Gryffindor, because she's like the new 'Hermione Granger'. Yeah, i'm going to add Scorpius Malfoy later in the book. I hope you guys will comment on it! I was hoping they'd make a movie of this, it'd be awesome....
ReplyDeleteYeah, i'll make the daughter of Cho Chang in Ravenclaw. Also, I don't usually use the term you-know-who, but i've decided to take advise of Sara and call Voldemort VOLDEMORT. Thanks for the comments!
~Jojo
One more thing, guys, i just have my own hopes of how Albus's life will turn out... be expecting a good story!
ReplyDelete~jojo