Sunday, March 30, 2014

After Whatever After: Cinderella's Crownies

Oof! For a chair, landing butt-first on the ground is painful. VERY. "Look out!" Jonah screams. "Ahh!!" I yell. Oof! Cough! Cough! Cough! Jonah lands on my back. VERY VERY PAINFUL. We landed at Cinderella's old home. I remember that we had to do Cinderella's chores when we accidentally stubbed her toe. "Jonah! Jonah!" I yell. I see him up ahead, running towards the castle. "Wait up!" I yell. I run up to him. Gasp! Wheeze! We finally make it to Cinderella's castle. I knock on the wooden door. Knock knock knock! The door opens. Cinderella greets us. "Abby! Jonah! So glad to see you again!" Kayla greets us too. She looks better than when we met her mean version. Fine. Not exactly mean. She was pretty nice when we were selling Cinderella's Crownies. I know, it's supposed to be brownies, but some parriage  driver called them "Crownies" so the name stuck. Anyway, Cinderella looks TOTALLY different. Cinderella is in a baby blue satin dress and has her hair curly. Not as good as her platinum dress at the ball, but she still looks pretty. I wonder if she made it herself... Probably not because LAST time she tried to design a dress, it turned out HORRIBLE. Kayla is wearing a purple satin, poofy  dress, with an awesome hairdo that I wish I had. (I know I said that with Snow's hairdo, but I think I like this one better.) Prince Jordan is with her and Farrah in her bumblebee outfit. Everyone's happy to see us again. "Welcome!" Kayla says. "It's so good to see you again!" Farrah says. Jonah suddenly says "Where is Betty and Beatrice?" Everyone looks at Kayla. "They are in our old home, doing what-was-supposed-to-be-Cinderella's chores." Everyone bursts out laughing. "Come!" Cinderella says. "Let us eat!" I look down at my watch. It reads 1:54 in the morning. Okay. We have about five hours and six minutes until Mom and Dad wake us up, which is like.... Five days in fairy tale land. Good. We dig into some pot roast turkey, cornbread, and some Crownies  for desert. Cinderella winks at us as we bite into a Crownie. Mmm... Cinderella's Crownies is a huge success. Mine has sprinkles inside. Jonah's, as I laugh when he bit into the Crownie, has nuts inside of it. Everyone laughs as he spits his out. Everyone seems to like Crownies. If I remember correctly, Cinderella was supposed to live in an apartment. Eh, oh well. I take another bite into the Crownie. Then we talk to Farrah. We need to find the next portal. "Farrah, Gabrielle says that the portal home is in the kingdom of Rose. We want to know the way to Mustard." Farrah thinks about this for a while. Finally, as Jonah was about to complain to go to the bathroom, she says "Yes, it is in the kingdom of-" "We'll meet Bri!" Jonah says. Farrah continues. "- as I was saying, the portal is in the kingdom of Rose. Mustard.... Umm.. Yes. It's the same portal as last time you've been here, a fireplace, but it's here. Look around. You will know when the portal is near." "Thanks Farrah." I say. "But do you know where my Floom pajamas are?" My Floom pajamas, by the way, are pink pajamas with purple polka dots. Total coincidence. I found out when we were transported here. Weird right? Farrah pointed towards the laundry room. "As Kayla and Cinderella were packing to move out, Kayla found your pajamas. She has been waiting for you to take them home." "Thanks Farrah." I say again, waving her good bye. I find my Floom pajamas  on a drying rack, fresh and clean. I find a box and store my lime green pajamas and the Floom pj's. There. "Come on, Abby!" Jonah says. "Let's go find that fireplace!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?