Clank! Thump! Bang! Smash! I grumble and open my eyes. Yawn. Jonah is wide awake, smashing pots. "Stop it!" I yell. "Sheesh." Jonah says. "You slept for like, forever. We should be in Sleeping Beauty instead." (Author's note: You will....) Yawn. Again. My watch reads 1:30 in the morning. Good. Five hours and thirty minutes until we have to leave Zamel. Yes, I like being exact, thank you very much. Breakfast: Egg omlets, bacon, pastries! Mmm... I jump up and walk to breakfast.(After I brush my teeth of course. I'm not my Dad.) King Trevor and Snow are already eating. I put a napkin on my lap and eat respectfully. Jonah, on the other hand, is digging in, shoving his food into his mouth, eating it with his mouth open, and shoveling for more. I look at him, disgusted. He looks back and shrugs.
Jonah burps. We had a big breakfast. I bet that only the breakfast meal could fill us up for the rest of the day. I wonder if there's a problem to solve. We already know that Gabrielle's mirror is the
portal back home... So.... Is there any problem to solve? "Let's go
meet Gabrielle." I say. Jonah grumbles. I was going to try to go swimming. He points to a lake. "You can go swimming later." I snap. "Fine." Jonah says, frowning.
"Gabrielle? Gabrielle?" We yell. "Here." She says. "So.. How is Maryrose?" She asks. Maryrose, by the way is the fairy that lives inside of our mirror. She brought us here again. "We're here to see
if this is the portal back home." Gabrielle sighs. "It is not. But something else is." "What?" Jonah asks. "You mean, this isn't our way home?" "No." She says. "It is in the kingdom of Rose, I
believe. You must go portal through portal to go home." I stare at her. Jonah does the same. "You've got to be kidding me." I say. "No." Gabrielle says, with a hint of a smile playing across her. I sigh. Sigh. "Jonah, we're just going to have to do it." I say, trying to muster a brave face. Ohh! That reminds me of Lana in Mustard. They are OBSESSED with mustard! Jonah, who loves ketchup, nearly exploded when someone said at what was supposed to be Lana and Mortimer's wedding, "They go together like French fries and mustard!" Jonah and I even, nearly exploded at this sentence, and we yelled something like, "It's ketchup!" I still remember that
to this day.... Anyway, "Gabrielle, what's the portal to Rose?"
"Ah... You have to go through Floom and Mustard to get there. The portal to Floom is in Snow's present home. Go there and you need to find a chair. Each of you shall sit on it and you will go back to Floom." "But where is this chair?" I ask Gabrielle. She replies simply: On Snow's throne. We say good bye and go to the throne room and we sit on Snow's throne. The sitting part hisses and we fall butt first through the portal. (Talk about weird!)
No comments:
Post a Comment
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?