Wednesday, March 26, 2014

After Whatever After: Snow!!! (Author's note: It doesn't sound like it really is. "Snow" is just a name.

Note to readers: This is a sequel to the Whatever After series by Sarah Mlynowski. This one is on Fairest of all. So, if you don't understand half or more of what is going on, read the Whatever After series. Clarification.--Lisa

Our adventures through the magic mirror that Jonah found out about were almost, a total DISASTER. I left my favorite lime green pajamas behind at Snow's, I leave polka dotted pajamas in Floom, And well, I leave nothing else in the other adventures except for some of my or Jonah's luggage. I'm not sure.It's now 11:27. I toss and turn and turn and toss. I finally sit up. We're going to meet Snow! And Cinderella! And Lana! And of course, Bri! I wake Jonah. " What?"he mumbles tiredly. " Come on!" I whisper. We're going to go back to Zamel!" By the way, Zamel is Snow's fairyland home. We're going there first. Snow White was our first adventure. Jonah jumps up. " Come on then!" he jumps up from bed. We go down the flights of stairs. We go down to the basement. Jonah knocks on the mirror once.
Twice.
Three times.

The mirror hisses. Yes! We're going to see Snow again! We step through the mirror. It's like walking through an open door. I hold 
Jonah's hand as we emerge through the mirror. " Ew." Jonah says,
letting go of my hand. " Abby, I'm not a little kid you know." he 
grumbles. " You're only 7 years old! It's my responsibility to keep 
me and you safe." I exclaim. Jonah frowns. I look around. My 
parent's old law books and the swivel chair is still in the forest that we landed in the first time we went through the mirror. I see Jonah run ahead. " Wait! Jonah!" I yell. He doesn't seem to hear me. I run after him. Pant! Pant! Pant! Gasp! Gasp! Gasp! You can see that I am not one of those runners, thank you very much. I catch up to Jonah. " Here we are!" Jonah says. " Snow's castle!" I run over the bridge that connects to the castle. I knock on the door. The door 
opens as a messenger announces our coming. How can he even 
KNOW us? We follow a guard to the throne room. How can a room 
have a whole bunch thrones in there? How many people can sit
inside that room? Jonah and I run to the throne room. I see, um... 
What's his name? Yes! Trevor! Trevor and Snow were inside the throne room. Snow has changed ALOT. She has a regal shade of 
purple and has her hair in an wavy hairdo. Sigh. I wish my hair was like that. It's just brown and wavy, but Snow's looks better. Snow 
smiles as we greet her. Trevor, pardon, KING TREVOR shows no 
sign of recognizing at us. Hmph. I cross my arms. Previously, we actually SAVED him from Snow's stepmother. "Welcome!" Snow says. "Abby!Jonah! Glad to see you again!" "Thank you." I reply back. "Come." Snow says invitingly. We follow her. "It's wonderful to see you again!" Snow exclaimes, for like, the umpteenth time. We smile weakly. I look down. My watch reads 12:24 in the 
morning. Good. We have six hours and and thirty-eight minutes to get back to Smithville. Very recently, we moved from Chicago to 
Smithville. I miss Chicago. I miss my nana. My nana, is like the BEST nana EVER. (Not to brag.) When we still lived in Chicago, nana would tell us fairy tales. Me, I paid attention 100% time while Jonah, 20% of the time. Nana also gave me a jewelry box. There's Snow on there in my lime green pj's. I hope I can get them back 
now. My parents will start to wonder about what would happen to them when they did laundry. Scratch that. They will almost, most likely, NEVER do the laundry. Since they started their own law firm and moved to Smithville, they have been working like 
CRA-ZY. In fact, when I was woken up by Dad, his breath smelled 
like pepperoni. He didn't brush his teeth. Anyway, after what seemed like forever when walking, Gasp! Wheeze! Snow led us to our room. "And here's your room." I collapse on to the bed. I fall asleep.


        

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?