Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Albus Potter 3

"Okay now," Professor Devon continued, "Let the sorting begin. If I call your name, proceed to come up and place the sorting hat on your head. Please remain in good behavior," Devon glanced at the girl who were still trying to stick something on James's back. "To continue, our sorting ceremony is to be quickly, and we will continue on to the feast to feed those with empty stomachs."
Devon smiled and raised his beard, holding up a list of names. "Snow Chang."
A girl with long black hair tied back in a french braid and green eyes walked up to the stage, sneering, and put on the. The tear near the brim opened, and the hat paused for a long time. Everybody went quiet. Then, "SLYTHERIN!" The hat screamed as some people, thoroughly startled by the sorting hats' sudden decision. A girl named Alexia Gonzalez with purple hair almost fell off her chair. A boy named Teddy Lupin at the far end of the Gryffindor table jumped. The sorting hat smirked. Snow sneered and walked to the Gryffindor table, sitting next to Scorpius Malfoy. Malfoy smiled at Snow.
"Naomi Claire Maxwell."
Naomi walked up and put on the hat. "A Maxwell?" The hat said. "I haven't had much of a lot of Maxwells over the past decade. But I suppose that finally, a Maxwell came to Hogwarts. Wonderful. The last Maxwell I had was a Slytherin... she was a clever girl. But you, of course... you seem quite different. Your thoughts prove that Slytherin is not what you shall crave. Of course, I see that you will be a wonderful student, and there is a house perfect for those who have smart, talented brains, but I think Ravenclaw is not your wish either. That leaves Hufflepuff. I see you are loyal, but you have the ability to lie, therefore you might not be true. Hufflepuffs have the one weakness that if they lie, it is fairly obvious. That leaves one house. GRYFFINDOR!"
Naomi smiled and headed for the Gryffindor table.
"Aubrey G. Maxwell."
A girl that looked fairly like Naomi's twin except for her straight brown hair and redder cheeks walked up to the chair and put on the hat. The hat had paused again. "There comes another Maxwell." The hat whispered. "Then that must mean... GRYFFINDOR!"
Aubrey hurried off to the Gryffindor table, sitting across from Naomi. Naomi proudly patted her sister on the back and continued watching.
"Kale Lesley."
Kale put on the Sorting hat, gulping hard. The hat, instead of staying on his blonde head, plopped down and rested on his neck until he wrestled it to stay in spot. "A Lesley" The hat shouted. "Yes, I remember some old descendants of yours, Kale. Their names were Veronica and  Augustus Lesley. They were twins. Veronica was a very pretty. She had electric blue eyes and blonde hair. And then Augustus.. he was so smart, smartest little student I knew. He knew Divination before his second year, he knew everything about Herbology when he was four... of course, Veronica and Augustus were in Ravenclaw. But you seem to lose talent, you seem to have no talent compared to Augustus and Veronica. The history of the Lesleys were all people that were smart, talented. But you seem to stop that cycle. But don't be ashamed. I am aware you make up for your loss of talent by your bravery. GRYFFINDOR!"
Kale went to the Gryffindor table, smiling wildly. Then went two more students including Jodi Brown, Abigail Hilburn, and the Alexia Gonzalez, who had purple hair tied up in a ponytail. Then, after that, came the last names.
"Albus Potter."
The crowd went silent and Slytherins crossed their fingers while the Gryffindors smiled. Albus put on the hat and sat. The hat was quiet. It didn't move. A single twitch didn't emerge.
"Potter." The hat finally said, the tear near its brim forming a smile. "Well, that seems it. Potters follow an odd series of Gryffindors, therefore you shall be one too. But something about you, Young child, seems different. It seems to differ, to come out of the family. I can only get a faint sense of whatever it is. But I see it in you, the one thing that makes you differ from the rest, that makes you one-of-a-kind. You carry on your father, of course. It can tell by your eyes of your grandmother. The dark brown hair. But you have a difference. But in the meantime, I'll place you...  GRYFFINDOR!"
Albus basically jumped out of the chair and went for the Gryffindor table, where everyone was giving him a stand-up applause. James even patted Albus on the back. "Good job, bro."
The rest of the sorting finished, then, finally came the feast. Fantastic courses of meals appeared on the tables. Albus ate chocolate-strawberry-trifle pudding without hesitation, while Kale ripped apart a chicken leg.
After the feast, the two prefects, Daniel and Beatrix, led the first years throughout Hogwarts to their dormitories. Finally, Daniel and Beatrix stopped at a spot were flights and flights of stairs hovered above the first years. A few flights switched directions and interfered with another flight. Albus looked up. "This is the most direct way to your dormitories," Daniel said, smiling, "I really don't know why it is, but it helps you get a workout from all the pudding clumped in your stomach from the feast. However, if you try another way, be prepared for at least ten hours of walking and several detentions because you missed classes."
Everyone laughed as Daniel lead the years up the stairs.
Finally, they reached the Gryffindor common room.

1 comment:

  1. One of my fav all time series. I like that you are taking established characters and using them to inspire your own events in the story. Mrs.Goins

    ReplyDelete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?