Wednesday, March 19, 2014

In the Eyes of the Houses of Hogwarts

September 1st, 2017

Okay, I didn't expect for me to get a " diary", so don't expect me to say " Dear diary" this and " Dear diary" that. So, I was just on the back of the train, coming back for my second year of Hogwarts. Why couldn't I go to Durmstrang? But, Dad insisted for me to go to this dump. After the boring journey to Hogwarts, I just got on the stupid boats, and got to the great hall. ( YAWN! ) I watched the sorting. Some dumb WEASLEY, named Rose looked as though she would explode from excitement. I leaned back and whispered something to Sazze, and he sniggered.  Once the sorting finished, the feast began. I quickly grabbed for the chicken right next to me. (LIKE DADDY!!!(Authors Note: LOL LOL LOL!) For dessert, Sugar quills. Decent. I go to my common room. After taking a bath, I collapsed on a black leather couch next to me. Not settling for a rough couch, I go to my canopy bed and closed the curtains. 

September 2nd, 2017 

Okay. I woke up at the crack of dawn today. I take a quick peek at the schedule before taking a morning bath. I went to the Boys Area and used some Dragon grease to slick my hair back to normal. I look around my wardrobe for something nice to wear, and choose my black suit. After putting it on, I get on my robes and strut out of the common room. I put on a cold sneer and narrow my eyes, like dad does in his old Hogwarts pictures. I walk into my potions class a Breakfast of sausage and eggs. (Not as good as chicken...) Prof. Halek and me are the only ones. Slowly, the students file in. All the students filed in. Blah, Blah, stupid Gryffindors, Dumb Hufflepuffs, Lowly Ravenclaws, and... The gobsmacking Slytherins. Then- that Weasley girl. I put a sneer of satisfaction on my face. She returned the look with equal loathing. Then the lesson began. I yawned the whole way through. Too easy- wait, what? Prof. Halek was fawning over Rose's creation. I quickly changed my sneer of satisfaction to a face of anger and rage. I'll get my revenge, soon...

1 comment:

  1. I really like the diary format of this piece. It makes it easy for the reader to track time passage and how the character's internal thoughts are changing :)
    Mrs.Goins

    ReplyDelete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?