Monday, March 10, 2014

The Four Elements: Water



Jay hopped up and down, trying to get the jitters out of him. Personally, he thought that this was the world record for the longest time ever to prepare for a ceremony. This moment had been planned for YEARS because even though all the ceremonies have at least one Chosen One to possess a force of nature, it was the day that one of the Chosen would be chosen to go save the land of Horonza. The Wise One had foretold the future, and today was the day that everyone had been waiting oh so patiently for about three long years. Jay thought that it was going to be hard to wait for something so big for so long. It was like catching a big, healthy antelope that was in its prime spot and you had finally caught it after trying to catch it for long years. The flames of the fire began to give out a bright, red and orange shade, like the autumn leaves dipping low to the ground. Finally, the ceremony began. " Jay of the Duke Lorandia, please step forward." Timidly, Jay stepped forward. Anything could happen! He thought, sweating. The Wise One sprinkled the magic over Jay. They floated around like snowflakes falling from the sky. The whole Village held their breath. Then the moment Jay had been waiting for happened: The Wise One slowly traced a symbol over Jay's forehead. Jay knew that the symbol would represent the power that Jay possessed. It was in the old language of Horonza. Jay's grandfather had told him. Raising his hand, the Wise One proclaimed, " This is the Chosen One who possesses the power of Water." Jay slowly started to not believe her. It seemed like the others didn't too. The Four Elements, Jay knew, were the most told legends in Horonza. Together, they had FORMED Horonza. Now Jay would fix Horonza.

 

2 comments:

  1. Are you going to include some descriptives about the original language of Horonza? Mrs.Goins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm.... Maybe I'll add that as an extra. Good idea...................

      -- Lisa

      Delete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?