Monday, March 10, 2014

The Four Elements: Air



Ariel waited nervously. ( You'd probably think it's pronounced
 Air-REE-L, but it's pronounced AR-EE-L. ) She had been waiting for this her whole life! Now it had come. Ariel's grandfather had retold this moment to little Ariel and her brothers perfectly. ( Yes, she only had brothers. ) But now, he couldn't, because he had passed away. Now the memories only remained in Ariel's heart. Today was the day that Ariel and some of the Chosen Ones would see if they would possess a force of nature. Then the platinum bell rang loudly. It sounded like birds chirping together in a chorus. The fire roared loudly as the face of the Wise One was illuminated in the dark shadows. The ceremony had began. Finally, Ariel heard her name. " Ariel of the Lord of Dindinia, please step forward." Ariel quietly stepped forward to the Wise One. She carefully sprinkled the legendary magic of Horonza over her. It made Ariel feel honored. Slowly, Ariel raised her head as the magic slipped down her body, giving the village crowd a small smile. She waited until the Wise One slowly and carefully traced Ariel's symbol of power. It was said that the symbol could only be read by the Wise One and it would represent the force of nature that you had. Then the Wise One pronounced, " The next Chosen One!" The crowd cheered. " Ariel of the Lord of Dindinia possesses the power of Air." Ariel molded on a surprised face. When her grandfather was still alive, he had told Ariel the legend of the Four Elements. Together, they had created the land of Horonza. Everyone knew that now Horonza was in grave danger. It was dying. And nobody knew how to put it back together. But since the final of the Four Elements had been created, the possessors would join together and save the land of Horonza. And Ariel was one of "Them."      

1 comment:

  1. This is a very interesting concept for a story. I can relate it to how we are treating our own planet by not respecting the elements. Mrs.Goins

    ReplyDelete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?