Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Four Elements: The meeting-To save or not to save?





Ursula shook her head as Blake recited everything he had heard last night. Ariel and Jay were listening too. “And then, Oliver said, But we are still at certain risks. What do you think? Do you think that we could save Horonza or not?”

“Did I really snore and snort while you heard this conversation all this time?” Jay asked Blake, but Ariel cut in, “That doesn’t matter Jay. Horonza’s fate is in our hands. One wrong move and bye-bye home.”

“Still, did I snore and snort?” Jay asked eagerly. Ursula gave herself a face palm.”Jay, if Blake heard you do it, and he said it to us, you probably did. Just get to that point of this meeting!” Jay backed away. Ursula knew she could be fierce sometimes, but she was never too harsh. “So, what do you think?” Ariel asked 

worriedly. “Oliver isn’t touched by our levels yet, so I we are going to save Horonza, we better work hard. If you have seen maps of Horonza, you’d probably know that it’s pretty big. It isn’t like we’re on island time like some fantasy. WE NEED TO WORK. Who’s with me?” Everyone raised their hand except Jay. He faced Blake.  “Still, did I REALLY snore and snort?” Everyone lowered their hands and face palmed themselves. “YES!” they yelled in unison. They faced the door. They hoped that nobody had 
overheard their conversation. Ursula hoped that they really COULD save Horonza before it was too late. She could also see the worried faces of the others...   

2 comments:

  1. I like the bit of comedy relief you put into a serious scene.
    Mrs.Goins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually didn't intend to do that when I was writing the chapter before this, but when I added that Jay snored and snorted, I thought that readers would go LOL! ( Laugh out loud) at this. I see that you liked it. --Lisa :)

      Delete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?