Monday, March 10, 2014

The Four Elements: Swimming with the fishes



Jay shot through the course, diving under the water. Swimming was always his strongest sport, even though he had just discovered his force of nature. It seemed so...natural to him. he shot down like a bullet and came back up, no dripping water. On the side, he shot a jet of water toward a fire, extinguishing it. Then he finished the course. Jay thought that it was too easy. ( It seems like a really short course, but Jay was already nearly finished by the time we came around to tell the chapter.) " How did you do?" said Blake, with his flaming red hair. " Fine." said Jay, but in the start, he had made a big mistake: He ran through the wrong course first. Then Oliver yelled for him to go back to the Water course. ( That's why we kind of came late to the chapter.) Once he had finished, he saw Oliver shaking his head. Jay was probably behind most of the Elements. He saw Ariel take the course next. He thought that her name just sounded plain weird. Why not Air-EE-l? That was plain dumb, he thought when they had introduced everyone. Blake and Jay walked off. He wondered how everyone else had done.   

2 comments:

  1. I'm having a bit of a hard time following this story. Could you add a bit to describe more the courses they are having to go through?
    Mrs.Goins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeaaaaaaah... About that. It was a bit hard to figure that out.... I'll think of something soon. --Lisa

    ReplyDelete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?