Tuesday, April 15, 2014

After Whatever After: Grumble, grumble. Chores, chores, chores but.....


We freeze to the sound. "Should I?" Rapunzel barely whispers. Jonah and I nod, but uncertainly. Rapunzel carefully puts her hair on the hook outside and lets her golden hair splash down. I feel sorry for the person who wants to get up. Rapunzel winces, but a little. The person must be heavy and Rapunzel must have really strong hair! I wish I had hair  like that. Why is everybody's hair better than mine?! The person finishes climbing up the tower. He looks like he's been riding through a forest: There are thorns and leaves sticking out of him. Rapunzel removes the lock of hair, smiling. It must be her prince! He has chocolate brown hair, kind of slicked to the side, he has pale skin and has regal clothes. A neigh rises up. It must be his horse. He looks at us in disgust as if we were flies. "Who are you?!" He asks. Rapunzel answers for us. "They're here to help my escape." She says airily. "Oh." The Prince says. "We'll leave you two some time; Mother Gothel will want us to finish." I explain to them, but they are already mooching over each other. Aw... Romance.... I snap back to the present and open the door and walk down the steps. We finally reach the bottom. I look around and I am itching to clean this mess up. It's like a hurricane swept through. This is even worse than Jonah's room and I can not explain that horrible mess. We start to clean up, finding weird things along the way:Bottles of swirling stuff, pickled brains, (Ew!) and talons and toenails. Even Jonah looks at it as if he would die of disgust. Eventually, we finish cleaning as Mother Gothel comes out. "Ah. Well done. But you need to sweep the area too!" Jonah groans. I groan. Wh grab brooms and start cleaning. I feel like Cinderella. Thank goodness though she' slicing her life out in Prince Jordan's castle or palace, whatever. We collect the dust and sweep it in the dustpan. Jonah sneezes. "Bless you!" I say to him. Mother Gothel then said, "Mop up the place." We get a mop, a bucket of water and soap and start mopping away. Jonah is on his knees, scrubbing the floor. I look at the floor. I see colors. Many to be exact. My watch beeps. Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Oh no! The clock reads 5:45. I winds. We don't have muck time to get to Rose! "Jonah! Start scrubbing hard! We don't have much time left!" I shout at him, showing him the watch. Jonah starts scrubbing furiously. I mop as fast as I can, sweating. Finally, we finish, but there is no time to relax. We tiredly climb up the steps to Rapunel's. We burst open the door, revealing Rapunzel and the Prince, doing something I can't tell you. Well, fine, you should know already. (Fine, they're kissing.) Jonah almost literally freaks out and throws up to the sight. Sigh. The prince and Rapunzel unglue themselves, embarrassed by the sight. "Well?" I ask impatiently. "Well..." Rapunzel says, twisting her hair, blushing from faint pink to a furious shade of red. "Well... The prince finally thought of something for my escape."

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?