Monday, April 14, 2014

The Elements of Writing

 There are many authors who wrote in this blog. Some names in Our Authors are small, and some of the names are big, but it's not about how many works of art that you have, like how many pages are in a book, but what's INSIDE of it, the content. If you have like, 15 posts but they are-

  • Long
  • Interesting
  • Full of emotions
  • What you think of as a splendid work of art
  • Full of hard work and dedication by the author
Then they are good posts, stories poems, you name it. Fine, maybe it doesn't have to be long, but what matters most as an author is that you put a lot of dedication to the work that you are doing. I know that Mrs. Goins  should be saying this, (Sorry, Mrs. Goins!) but as a writer, you know when you have done your best, even though people are saying to you "This is terrible!" or something. Don't let those remarks make you feel bad. Who cares what other people think about your work if they say it's bad? Feel pride in your work! Eventually, someone will notice and who knows what will happen next? You could get famous! More people could like it! Your future course can change just because of a story you made with dedication and hard work. You know Dr. Suess? When he wrote his first book, nobody wanted to publish it. But then, his friend came along. He happened to be or know a publisher. I don't remember. His friend published it, and now Dr. Suess is a famous children's book author. See? Nobody liked it, but then his friend came along and BAM! He was a famous children's book author! So, just because you don't have very many posts on the blog, doesn't mean that your stories are bad, it could mean that you have committed much hard work and dedication within the story. Someone will notice, eventually. 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you are saying this! YOU are a writer and you know what a writer should do :) My being a teacher does not make me an "expert", but my being a writer does- just like you! Thank you so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww! this is so sweet :3

    ReplyDelete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?