Wednesday, April 16, 2014

After Whatever After: The Plan


I raise one eyebrow, like a judge when they are suspicious. In this case, I am. Rapunzel nudges the prince. He looks at us and takes a deep breath. "Well, like you said, we should do this at night, when Gothel is sleeping. But her hair," he says, touching Rapunzel's hair. "we could put it into two braids, you know?" I literally almost say to him, "THIS IS A HORRIBLE PLAN!!!!!!!" But instead, through clenched teeth, I say bitterly, "For now, the best hairstyle we can manage is to put Rapunzel's hair in one thick braid so that Mother Gothel will not be able to cut her hair." The prince looks taken aback. Rapunzel speaks up. "Personally, since I am the one who is escaping, I prefer one braid." She puffs. The prince nods, not taking his eyes of of Rapunzel's spring violet ones. Sigh. "But remember, Mother Gothel is a witch." I say, recalling the story. "So the scissors could be magical. Rapunzel, is there like, a shampoo we can use to make it a lot harder to cut hair?" I question her. She nods, going to the bathroom with her voice trailing behind her, saying "Yes, I have been waiting for this one. Mother Gothel used to make me have to clean out her junk and I found this and secretly kept it ever since. In fact, I have collected many potions to do with my precious hair." Rapunzel says to us. I walk to the bathroom. Rapunzel is by a cabinet, revealing dozens of bottles filled with colorful potions, all labeled. She carefully picks through the potions, finally finding the one that makes hair harder to cut. It is a aqua shade of blue, reminding me of the sea. Other potion labels read "Makes hair change to color desired, Makes hair smoother, Makes hair softer, Changes hair into any style wanted, Makes hair 
grow longer. And many more. I chose the potion that makes hair grow longer and one that makes it stronger for Rapunzel so that she can hold all of us. Well, most of the plan is set. The prince climbs down the tower because he says that his father will be waiting for dinner. Speaking of which, I say "What's  for dinner?" Rapunzel looks surprised, as if it was obvious. "We're eating in the dining room two stories down." W follow Rapunzel down the steps. My stomach grumbles. We make it down. I see a huge pot roast, a salad, mashed potatoes, and for dessert, cake. I dig into the feast as Mother Gothel looks satisfied with our pleasure. We finish. Jonah burps as I scold him. He shrugs. I roll my eyes. Mother Gothel clears as we run back up the tower's top floor, Rapunzel's room. We carefully plan out our escape. I desperately keep looking at my watch, and it reads 5:49. Great. We don't have very much time... Finally, at the dead of night, we finished our plan. The plan was:
  1. Jonah and I will keep watch for Mother Gothel
  2. Rapunzel's prince will wait down below at the dead of night
  3. Rapunzel will send the singal
  4. We check for Mohter Gothel quickly and leave
  5. Rapunzel will put down her hair and we will climb down the tower
  6. We escape on the prince's horse
  7. We stay at the castle and find a portal to Rose ( MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Rapunzel's hair will have a Makes hair grow stronger so that the hair can support all of us and then we can climb down at the same time. We're ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?