Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Black Shape Part 4

I stared at him,  he had long fuzzy, silvery fur with a white star on his forehead.  I've never seen a wolf cub before.  It whimpered, it had a few bruises and bald spots.  He was all alone, so I scooped him up in my arms and walked into the forest to see if I could find his mother. Soon, I was so deep into the forest that there was no light left.  The leaves were pitch-black.  All the trees were towering over me.  The little wolf pup whined, and hid in my arms.  From deep within, I heard a low deep growl.  I froze and slowly turned around, it was a big black bear. 
By the time I remebered to never look into a bear's eyes, it was too late; it started running towards me.  I ran, I ran faster than I could ever imagine.  I could barely see through the darkness, but i could make out branches and trees.  I dodged all of them, but I was slowing down.  My dress ripped on a dead branch that was sticking out.  Then, a magical thing happened, trees lept aside, leaving a path through which I could easily run.  After I went past, the trees returned to their original place, leaving the bear having to dodge all of them. 
My golden brown hair flew widly around my face.  Soon, my legs started to ache, and I could barely run any longer.  Suddenly, the bear managed to scrape my leg, and I was screaming inside my head.  Then, my little wolf cub jumped out of my arms, and ran in front of me.  I noticed how pretty he was, as his silver coat glistened and shown.  The way he ran looked so free and wild.  Slowly, he started to transform into a huge eagle.  The eagle still had the little star on his head like the wolf cub.  The eagle's wings pounded against the wind.  He was soaring about a foot above the ground.  His feathers kept brushing my ankles.  I suddenly noticed what he wanted me to do.  I shut my eyes and jumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?