Saturday, April 5, 2014

Camp Half-Blood or Camp Jupiter?

Camp Jupiter? Or Camp Half-Blood?
Camp Jupiter comes with all  the good stuff, like hot tubs, Jacuzzis, gigantic towns with good-smelling café’s and armories with cool weapons. It also has pegasi, horses, and awards. There is war games and the hardball version of capture-the-flag. They have every single food you can eat, and servants that, well, serve you. But- what sucks it all away is the formalities. You must have good manners, dress formal, be polite, and you can’t have weapons inside the city. Still choosing Camp Jupiter?

Camp Half-Blood is complete, utter enemies with Camp Jupiter. Camp Half-Blood is more laid-back. They don’t have as many rules, and you do NOT have to be formal. You’re just sorted into a cabin. You have tasty dinners and Pegasus stables. There are woods with monsters to fight! There are so many Hardball games to play, it’s hard to count. You get your own Pegasus to keep, and you are sorted into a cabin you love. Girls can join the Hunters of Artemis, and boys, well… um… they have stuff…? (If you’re a boy, my choice for you would be Camp Jupiter.) The downside to this laid-back happy life? Early bedtimes. You have to have lights 
out by 9:00 and be in your cabin by 8:30. The camp Harpies eat you if you aren’t asleep by curfew.


Both of these camps are a great choice. Mine is Camp Half-Blood, because I admire Hades and Athena. One problem they both share? Titans. Titans are incredibly hard to defeat, and some… well, you can’t defeat. It took Percy Jackson 5 years to kill one Titan, and Jason Grace 6 years to kill one. Krios and Kronos are the most powerful Titans, and Percy and Jason recently destroyed them. Though Rome and Greece have had their tough times, (Hello? Trojan war?) they have sometimes learned to fight together. (Though it ends up with 10 Grecians a Romans being killed…) So, what do you choose? The formal and noble Camp Jupiter? Or the brave and happy Camp Half-Blood? It’s all up to you! 

4 comments:

  1. Interesting. Shows the different points, good and bad, of Camp Jupiter and Camp Half-Blood. For me, I believe that Camp Half-Blood is more of my type, too. Some of the points are repeating itself, though. Would you try elaborating more on the reasons and back it up more? Each is very vague. Romans=POWERFUL. Greeks= STRONG. Just some points.

    --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, what I tried to do, was just make people know that this was this and that was that. (This being Romans and that being Greeks.) Uh, oh, and Powerful and Strong or sort of the same thing. I'm quite sure I didn't repeat anything...
      - Olympus's Hero

      Delete
  2. I've actually went around my school asking my friends: Am I Athena or Artemis? Most answered 'Athena' so... I guess i'm Athena's child. Huh, posts proven wrong by society. Boo society.

    ~ Quicksilver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That actually makes sense 'cuz I have arachnophobia that I can't explain.


      ~ Quicksilver

      Delete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?