Captain Tory and his ledgend
Everybody thought captain Tory was crazy. People wanted him out of town. People even wanted him stoned if he didn't change his thoughts. He did not care. He just wanted for one person to believe him, but they did not. When he walked down the street people would tease him, children would throw stones and run away, and parents would blabber about how he is teaching bad things to the kids. The more the people teased him the more he believed it. That made more people mad. There was one child that believed him. That was a little child named Joey. He asked his parents why the people teased captain Tory but they responded,"because he believes in things that are fake, lies, and things that our religion doesn't say." His parents were right for the religion part,but little did they know, maybe, there was a ghost ship?
No comments:
Post a Comment
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?