Sunday, November 23, 2014

Invincible Species: Chapter 3

RILEY's VIEW
My head ached, and all of my paws felt broken or sprained, especially with three-four dogs on top of me. I saw Cobra walking towards me.... aw, that guy was great. Just so.... misunderstood. I felt better again and jumped up. They all fell off of me. My claws were a wreck. Broken, splintered, cracked, blunt... I wasn't using those again. I stumbled and fell, but Cobra caught me with his paw. He flipped me up then helped up the rest of them. Lakewood groaned in agony. Though he was on the top, he landed pretty hard, and on the wrong way, on his leg. I looked at it. It didn't seem to have anything wrong, but when he stepped forwards, he yelped and fell to the ground. I ran over to Lakewood and quickly barked to Asher, he ran over and whipped three pills and doggy wrap out of his messenger bag. I stared in awe. "Asher, you are fantabulous. But what if you run out?"
Asher looked nervous. "It's a producer." My jaw dropped to the floor.
Producer bags- there were only two in the WORLD, and they could produce any medicine that was ever created. "Absolutely no way. Whatever, just fix him." Asher saw in my eyes I believed him. He quickly wrapped Lakewood's leg and gave him the three pills, then a long drink of water. Lakewood could stand, but certainly not fight.
LATER...
I felt kind of bad for Tarrion. She was losing the battle, and was starting to look more like a ginger-red husky than a moonlight silver. She fell to the ground, and I heard a startlingly beautiful voice.
"Mother?" It was male, certainly. I tried locking onto the sound, but it was so strong it echoed around the exile train. Eventually I saw bright, teal eyes. The eyes were so beautiful I was stunned at first. Then I mix stepped from out of the blackness. It looked a LOT like Asher. But Asher had a rough, untidy coat that was stained with dirt. This dog's coat was sleek, shiny, and spotless, except for the spotted fur, of course. Along with that, the body shape and tail were like a malamute, maybe a husky or even a Samoyed, lean and perfect for running through snow or jumping. His tail was fluffy and curled. He had pointy, husky-like ears. And with a jolt, I realized what should have been obvious- it was one of Asher's exiled sons. I imagined them as ugly, unwanted mutts. But what I saw would have been a dog-fighter's dream. He had the perfect shape for being speedy, good hearing, sharp eyes, pointed snout, wickedly large and sharp teeth- but... what? He didn't have claws. And he was a young dog. Maybe two years at max. But he looked confident. "Hello." He said in the melodious voice.
He pounced straight onto Lakewood.

SHARK's VIEW
Six years of training kept me unshocked. This dog, this son of Asher, was pouncing on one of Asher's greatest friends, and my best friend. I snarled and swiped at the dog's face. I may have been a once-ling show dog in the days of old, but this dog had rugged beauty. I couldn't help but feel bad when he crashed against the wall from my hit. He simply flipped over, breathing hard, and ran towards Lakewood again. Asher jumped into the way. "Eli... is that you?"
The mix, apparently 'Eli', growled in frustration. "Dad? Yes, it's me. Did you think I was Ivan, or Dawn?"
"Dawn is a GIRL, and she's not even one of your siblings. Yeah, I thought you might have been Ivan, but he's practically full-grown."
Eli barked angrily. "Ivan ran off with his mate MONTHS off. Where've you been, dad? And why're you siding with the attackers? What'd mom do?" He looked confused.
"Eli, understand your mother is with the once-lings."
Eli sighed and pawed the ground. "Humans, dad. They're called humans."
"Whatever, it's the same. One of my greatest friends, Lakewood, was practically killed by your mother."
I roared. "Stop the chit-chat, sonny! You JOIN US, or you DON'T. Lakewood was my best friend, my practical brother! If your mother injures him, I kill."
Eli thought. "I-I-I join you. I join." He whistled- something the majority of dogs couldn't do. The train... stopped. He opened the doors to a lush field of greenery and flowers, and a beautiful flowing stream. Riley barked. "What? Are we stopping for a break?"
"No. There is none but grass an water here, something a dog can not live on." He bit his mother's collar and dragged her to the side of the stream. Then he tore grass from the ground and placed it on his mother's wounds. She was staring at her son in disgust. "Are you abandoning me?"
"'Course not, ma." He gently placed a paw on his mother's throat. I didn't see what he did next, but his mother was practically lifeless when he ripped off her collar and jumped back into the train. Asher's ocean eyes depicted sadness, but it washed away, just as the rain did into the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?