Monday, January 5, 2015

The School for All: Chapter 1

(Main Characters. P.S.: Their coven is not just their group, it's also their cabin and their home.)
Aspen



















Xarian (Zar-Ian)


















Nyx


















Ian


















~_~_The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are
From birth, I've been the odd one out. I've had my share of friends, enemies, and my despised.
I still have a few friends. Lee, the fire wizard. Ella, the plant angel. And my very best friend, Nyx. she's a dark angel, just like me. Who's my despised, you may ask?
Xarian Angelo, the good-looking chief Sonic Flight Light angel.
Barely anyone has actually seen his face. He always wears his golden head mask, the symbol of his high rank. He actually has a reason for wearing his golden flight goggles. He always soars around the school at top speeds, destroying intruders with the rest of the angels of Sonic Flight.
Nyx is lucky- she's not a dark destruction angel, like me. She's a dark beauty angel. She's gorgeous... but also happens to be the person Xarian chooses to lay his affection on. And she's the head darkling.
I don't mind, she's my best friend. Plus... ah, never mind.
Ok, let's just start the real story.
~-~-~Your guardian angel, no matter who you are or what you do, will protect you.
We were sitting on the benches outside, eating our lunches. Every few minutes Sonic Flight would pass by, gone in three seconds.
"Hey, Asp-chan? Whaddya think of Xarian?"
"Xarian Angelo? Older brother of Ian-kun?"
"Yeah, the second-in-command for Sonic Flight."
"Why?"
"No reason... just answer me!"
"Ok, fine... um, he's fine, nice?" I lied, "Don't know him all too well..."
"I've chosen to lay my affection on him... please don't kill me, I know he's your despised."
That was bad. You could only lay affection on one person in your life. No switching.
"Have you already?"
"No, not yet."
"Wait a little more, Nyx-san."
"What? No! Xarian's just a year older than me, he's chosen me already!"
"So... wait a year!"
"We're of the same rank!"
"Does that matter? I won't even consider in the next year!"
"Oh, fine," she cracked a smile. "But only 'cause you're my friend, Asp-chan."
"We--"
The Sonic Flyers (members were called Sonic Flyers) landed.
"Hey, Nyx-sama, love." Xarian said, walking towards us.
Nyx blushed. "Um, hi, Xarian."
I rolled my eyes.
Xarian glared at me. "Buzz off, darkling Aspen."
Nyx looked hurt. "Oh, c'mon Asp-chan. Let's leave."
"Let's." I said, passing the glare right back to him.
We walked away.
Xarian turned to Ian. "How the heck am I supposed to get her to like me when she always hangs around with that -excuse my language- a**hole?" It was against the school's rules for a light angel to talk vulgar language.
Ian coughed. "Don't ask me, Xar. Girls make no sense. C'mon, Lex and Nathaniel are waiting for us in the Lightling's coven."
"Ugh, fine, let's go." They walked the opposite direction.
~-~-~We all have the power to make wishes come true as long as we keep believing
"You know..." Said Nyx.
"What?"
"I think you an Ian would be a good match."
"WHAT?!"
"Whaddya think of him?"
"He's cute, but I would NEVER even THINK of liking a Sonic Flyer."
"Whatever, Asp-chan." She smiled and spread out her gorgeous purple wings.
She was so pretty. She always had some kind of gem pierced onto the lining of her wings.
"Hey, Asp-chan? You're such a great friend. I feel bad for liking Xar-kun."
"Don't be. He's my despised, not yours."
"Oh, you act like a light angel, Asp-chan. So sweet and forgiving. And you don't even cuss like that Xar-kun does."
"You're too kind, Asp. Curfew's in three minutes, I'm gonna get ready for bed."
Someone knocked on the coven door.
Nyx-san rolled her eyes. "I bet it's Cyan. Sheesh, won't that girl just give it a rest?"
She walked over and opened the door.
It was Xarian, smiling and (not deserving) handsome. He wasn't wearing his long, white-and-gold leather trench coat, and was wearing white jeans, not his button pants.
He was holding a bouquet of black and white roses. "Hey, love."
She blushed, but rolled her eyes. "God, Xarian. Give it a rest."
He smiled. "Hey, did it just turn ten degrees hotter? Wait, that's just you, love."
"Did you literally just try a pick-up line on me."
"Sure did. And it's the damn truth, love."
"Leave, dude."
He gave her the roses. "Keep the roses, love."
She slammed the door in his face.
I couldn't help it. I burst out laughing. "Nyx-san, that was probably the best moment in my life!"
She giggled. "He's an idiot."
"You love him." I laughed.
"Yup. But I can't help but think he's a overly confident idiot."
"Cause he is, Nyx-san."
Someone knocked on the door again.
I opened the door. It was Ian this time.
"Um... Xar wants you to know he likes Nyx."
"I'm well aware." I closed the door.
"PEOPLE these days! Eesh. C'mon, we need to sleep."
"WILL YOU TWO STOP TALKING ABOUT SONIC FLIGHT?!" Yelled Drene, a member of the darklings. She was like a vampire. Well, she is a vampire.
"SHUT UP, WE'RE GOING TO SLEEP!" Nyx yelled back.
~-~-~-~-~-~Angels are gatekeepers to the soul
The next morning, we sat inside of our coven to eat breakfast.
"Well," Nyx-san said, "It's nice to eat without being bothered by some Sonic Flyer I know..."
"You mean Xarian, Nyx-san?"
She blushed. "Yes..."
Someone knocked on the door.
"If that's Xarian I'm going to eat my wings and barf them all over him."
She opened the door.
It was Xarian.
She closed the door and didn't look back.



(GUYS, this is NOT a Romance/mythology series like it seems!)






4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'M DELETING IT!!!
      --Prussia's Sword

      Delete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?