Saturday, September 28, 2013
The Kangaroo School Club; Chapter 4
Kaylin woke up ready to make agent business. She dressed in her regular agent clothes, with a t-shirt and jeans over it. Then she picked up her agent kit and moved out. At school. Himilaya was waiting for Kaylin, Unis, and Rane with Davielle. Both were scouting for any signs of Velvet. "Sorry I'm late," Kaylin apologized. "No time for apologies, because here comes Velvet!" Davielle snapped. That explained why Davielle never talked most of the time. She always snapped at people, often causing her to be one of the mean ones. "No time for snapping Davielle. Kaylin, did you bring the kit?" Himilaya snapped back. Kaylin pulled of her t-shirt and jeans and took out the kit, "Ready for action Commander Himilaya." The three girls cracked up. Velvet must have heard them, because then she was running off. But Kaylin acted quicker, she threw out two barrier spawners, surrounding Velvet in the hall. "What the heck is this for, did I do something wrong?" Velvet asked as Himilaya, Davielle, Kaylin, Rane, and Unis arrived. "You are trying to take over this club," Himilaya answered. "Off to the headmisstress!" Kaylin ordered as Unis and Rane picked Velvet up and lead her to the office. "You've got a lot of nerve," Davielle snapped. And the girls knew that their club was safe now, and they looked forward to an awesome school year.
1 comment:
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?
I love how you are developing your characters in this piece.
ReplyDelete