Friday, January 24, 2014

Animagus Chronicles, Part 8

Lee watched as Xanthos flew away. He turned away and read the Prophecy of whatever again. He remembered he had to get to Lyre first. He headed west, away from the bad side. A few hours later he saw a stream and realized he was thirsty. He headed over to the stream and was about to take a drink when a voice said, "If your thirsty, I suggest you don't drink that. It's poisonous." Lee immediately hopped away from the stream. "What?" He laughed. "It's poisonous, dummy!" But he wasn't saying it in a mean way. Now that Lee's eyes had adjusted, he was completely startled by the boy's appearance. He had long blue hair, a blue shirt, blue jeans, blue glasses, a blue necklace, a blue brooch, blue slippers, and neon blue eyes. "Um, hey. Who are you?" "Who are you?" "Um, Lee Jordan." "OK. I'm the spirit of the river." He held out his hand. Lee shook it. They stared at each other for a moment and the boy said, "So. Um. Are you an Animagus or an official?" Lee was shocked. How did he know what an Animagus is? "Animagus... why? I mean, how do you know?" "I am an Animagi, genius." "Really? What's your official name?" "Lyrical Liehard. Though most call me Lyre. And some call me Lying Lyrics. And some call me-" "I get it, I get it. So... Lyre. I heard about you in the Prophecy of 6 whatevers."  "Prophecy of 6 wings? Yeah. I know. So... Who are you in the prophecy? Or are you just an everyday animagus?" Lee whistled. "Oh, i'm in the prophecy alright." "OK. So... are you uh, The lightning? You don't really look like one. You know... with the silver hair, green eyes, normal skin..." "I'm the King Dragon." "Like i'd believe that! You're probably not even in the prophecy!" Lee's eyes turned silver. He was now ready for the blinding silver light. He roared, and his sharp, confident roar bounced of the mountains. Lyre smiled. "OK, I believe you." His eyes suddenly turned um... more blue, (which Lee though wasn't possible,) and a blue light illuminated the stream. When the light faded, a bluish-royal purple chimera stood in Lyre's place. It flicked it's snake tail and roared.  He roared again and Lee somehow understood him saying, "Oh cheese, am I blue again?" Lee snickered. "Yeah." Lyre turned normal colored. (for a chimera at least.) He looked bolder.

2 comments:

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?