Saturday, January 18, 2014

Outlawed Part 7

Me and Leanne reached the hospital, out of breath. I opened the door and a security android passed by. Leanne followed me to my patient room. I opened the door and slipped into the bed. "Tired?" Leanne asked, smiling. I tutted. "Of course not. I just have to be here, thanks to Doctor." 
Leanne smiled. "So you're Tasmine Aberdeen?" She asked. I nodded politely. Mama had said that politeness shall be our ticket to success. You made a friend. I heard Cecile's voice, and this time I felt the slightest bit like a psycho. "And you're Leanne...I don't know your last name...." I said back. "Oh. It's just G, at least for now. I hate it when people pronounce my name wrong." Leanne smiled. I nodded. I understood. I hated people saying my name Tasmeene in this stupid french accent I seriously regretted. "So... anything else to say?" Leanne asked after an awkward silence. I thought about it. Should I say I'm princess Tasmine? The lost princess that's half psycho now? Well, the more allies to defeat Queen Nirvana the better. "Please take this the right way. I'm the lost princess."
Leanne gaped at me, but then smiled. "Wow..." She said. There was a silence. "Wait, did your sister tell you that you're princess?" Leanne asked. She gasped when I nodded. "Th-Then Queen Nirvana... she must have already found you... I have to tell you this...she can look into the future with bare eyes as well as hurt you by her piercing beauty...wait, Tasmine. How did you get into this patients' room?" Leanne asked. I thought back. The woman. "Oh, no... that woman... a woman made me faint by staring at me... then... then... she did already see me! This is crazy! That woman can look into the future... she looked into the future and saw what Cecile was going to tell me! How will i defeat her? She's after me, because I'm princess." I swallowed. "You know why she's after you, right?" Leanne asked. "Because rumors say you have the power to defeat Queen Nirvana. Queen Nirvana wants to remain unbeatable." Leanne answered after I shook my head. "What will I do?" I asked quietly. "Run." Leanne said. I gaped at her. "Run? Doctor's gonna kill me, no doubt!" I massaged my temples. "No, now. Queen must be already trying to find you. Just... run. Let's sneak out, Tasmine." Leanne dragged me out of the bed. I nodded. Run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?