Leanne was gripping my hand as we escaped into the air outside again. "Wait." I said. Finn was running up. "What happened?" Finn asked. I quickly told him everything and his eyes widened. "My sparks what are you waiting? You have to run! I'll help you." Finn said. "What's the plan?" I asked Leanne. Leanne thought. "My stepmother used to be a pilot. I have a helicopter. It's a large one, but a camouflage expert." Leanne suggested. "It's not my helicopter... my friend, Ace Ryder owns it." Leanne led us into the canopy forests. "Somewhere here..." She whispered. The kids playing ball stopped and stared as we entered the dangerous forest. "Heck, I think the world'll know that you're princess if it's like this," Finn combed his fingers through his hair nervously. "Shh." I said as Leanne led us deeper into the great leaning willow trees. Finally, we approached a hut, no bigger than a single room. A boy my age, seventeen, was standing there, polishing a helicopter. An army helicopter. "Leanne... did you just lead us to... an army member?" Finn asked. Leanne laughed. "No. This is Ace Ryder, my friend." She said. Ace turned his head. "So where is the...um... army helicopter from?" I asked. "Oh." Ace said.
"I stole it."
"You mean you're an escaped culprit?!?!" I asked as Ace nodded. "Ace Ryder." He said. I remembered. Ace Ryder, the culprit of the missing vehicles. The unregistered pilot. The news had him on. "Great job. Now we're in for quite a scare." Finn bit his bottom lip. "Who are they?" Ace asked Leanne. "That girl is Tasmine. She's the missing princess. And... um... we have to help them escape." Leanne explained. Ace gaped then calmed down. "So who's the donkey?" He asked. "What Donkey?" Leanne laughed. "The one with the sugar-fluff black hair." Ace explained. "What did you say? I am not a donkey, thank you, and look who's talking." Finn shot back. "What's your name, donkey?" Ace teased. "Finn." I cut in. Leanne punched ace jokingly on the shoulder. "Get along with the guy." She said. Ace childishly stuck his tongue out. "Look can i escape or not?" I asked, but Ace was already in the helicopter, in the pilot seat. I climbed in the Helicopter. There was a wooden table and a few mattress chairs. Finn and Leanne followed. The helicopter started, then stopped. Started, stopped, and followed the meaningless pattern, then took off, incredibly wobbly. "Um... Ace... do you know how to fly?" I asked when we were tumbling through the air.
"Um... a little?"
Leanne pushed aside Ace and landed in the pilot seat, taking control. The helicopter whizzed through the air. I tumbled down in a seat. Suddenly, a gunshot exploded on the back glass. "It's the Queen's forces." Leanne whispered as she controlled. Another helicopter zoomed behind us. Another gunshot feebly avoided Finn's arm. I gasped as a bullet took a little skin off my ear. "FAST, LEANNE!" I screamed as another gunshot erupted. The helicopter behind us zoomed to our sight. In slow motion, a gunshot skimmed Leanne terribly in the arm. Leanne struggled to hold on. "Leanne!" I raced up and gripped Leanne's fracture. "There's a gun." Leanne said. "In the cupboard. I opened a cupboard, avoiding another bullet and retrieved a hand gun. I aimed the pistol at the other helicopter and shoot three times. The fourth time, the bullets ran out, but the other helicopter was almost down, it's engines sputtering. "I NEED ANOTHER PISTOL!" I screamed as more gunshots erupted. I searched the cupboards. Finn threw me a knife from the back. "THROW IT!" Finn screamed. I threw the knife, it hit the other helicopter. The helicopter fell. And Leanne blacked out.
No comments:
Post a Comment
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?