Saturday, January 18, 2014

Outlawed part 9

"GET TO THE GROUND!" Ace ordered from the back. I took control and let it land smoothly.  I had learned some driving from Papa. I dragged Leanne out. It was a valley. Ace dug into his pockets and retrieved a towel to wrap around the wound and some wound cotton. I carefully wrapped it around Leanne's arm, where the bullet had shot her. The blood was leaving marks. Leanne remained unconscious. Leanne, Leanne, come on... come on already I know you're okay. Leanne remained nothing. Ace stood up, breathing heavily. "A doctor, someone, anything!" Ace screamed. It echoed off the hills of the valley. I wrapped Leanne's ripped cloak around her wound. "Leanne?" I asked. "Leanne! Please wake up!" I shook her carefully and she woke. "Tasmine?" She said sleepily. "Yes, Leanne. Me. Now, get up. It's okay, the Helicopter's fine." I assured her as she sat up. She clutched her wound. "Why, thank you." She whispered. I nodded. "Alright?" I asked. She nodded groggily and shook herself awake. "Oh, Tasmine... the Queen is capable of killing you by looking at you. If we can't survive this...." Ace shook his head. "Shut it, we've got to think." Ace tapped Finn's head. "First we have to find out how to defeat the Queen." I said. "Look." Finn said. "The Queen can look into the future, but not the past. But if we somehow go into the past, then defeat her, it'll be useless for her to look into the future to figure out what we'll do to defeat her, because we're breaking into the past." Finn said. "I'm afraid no Psychotic guru will be here to help us do that." Ace snapped. Leanne glared at Ace. "There has to be a way." Leanne said. "Maybe the Library will have a book on it. We'll do it quick, the Queen isn't that fast. Search for anything on fantasy, going back in time." I said as I got in the helicopter. "We'll land just outside of City limits, so we can go. Ace, you'll go to the library. Leanne, Ace and I will be in the helicopter in case of the Queen's further attacks." I ordered as everyone got in and I made the helicopter rise.
It took a total of ten minutes to get to the library. Ace went to the library. I sat in the pilot seat. Ace came back with stacks of books heavily piled. Not regretting, we started lounging the books. I took off the helicopter while we did, into the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?