Saturday, February 15, 2014
Jailbreak! Part 10
"Well, well, well, looks like Doug is hungry. Did you really think I didn't know exactly where you were when these games started? I mean, seriously, I WORK for General Buzzard! He told me everywhere you would be! You started here in the woods and you would eventually find out the bad news about.......Jason. I knew eventually you would be starving so, I waited for you here, and it looks like it paid off. I'm sorry Doug, but I need to win these games, now prepare to die," said Shawn. Shawn pulled out the gun he stole from Doug and quickly fired, but Doug dodged it with ease. Shawn rapidly fired 10 more rounds, but each missed it's target. Doug took advantage as Shawn was reloading. He ran up to him and socked him in the eye. It stunned Shawn enough to drop the gun, so Doug quickly grabbed it and cocked it. Shawn was just starting to get up, and Doug knew that it might be his only shot. He aimed at Shawn and pulled the trigger. Nothing happened. Doug was surprised as Shawn stood up and smiled. That's when he realized that the gun was still unloaded. Shawn not wasting any time stood up and kicked Doug in the jaw. He fell back and dropped the gun. His vision was beginning to get blurry, but he did see Shawn load the gun. After that he couldn't see him at all. All of a sudden, he heard a gunshot and immediately felt the worst pain he had ever felt in his left shoulder. After that he fell to the ground and everything......went......black.
9 comments:
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?
......................................................................................................................Y'know, ever since I started reading Jailbreak, I realized this had super-awesome cliff hangers. But this one is REALLY REALLY cliff-hanger-y. I mean, Shawn just shot him in the shoulder! How am I supposed to respond to that?! I have absolutely no theories for what's gonna happen. It's still good though. -Sara
ReplyDeleteI TOTALLY agree with Sara. Really dramatic, with plenty of cliffhangers to top off the chapter. Again, I agree with Sara about the no theories thing. I can let predict what's going to happen next and well, Doug just like, DIED. (Fine, maybe he survived but what else could happen?) excellent story.
Delete--Lisa
write Jailbreak part 11 ! - Celina
ReplyDeleteSO excited to see you back and posting! I know the students are going to be so happy to see another installment of their favourite story :)
ReplyDeleteMrs.Goins
Why did you leave us hanging!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete~Kasey
So exited to see the next story!!! I love the way you put your readers on a HUGE cliffhanger!
ReplyDeleteI agree!!
ReplyDelete-Sophia
Thanks for the comments, I'll update the story as soon as I can!
ReplyDelete-Ty
OMG this story is so good, like the idea! -speedy gonzales
ReplyDelete