Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Chosen Ones

                      Weird Things Start Happening....          


It was a normal day at my house, just like normal you would see the Martin family out and about either riding bikes or playing catch,and that's what we did.We kids rode are bikes as ma was cooking the most delicious meal on earth,whatever that was.Today seemed perfectly normal,but it wasn't.This was the day everything would change.Today I became the chosen one.It all started when the crows started honking up a storm.All the folk in town didn't seem to notice,even my family was still off doing their little thing.Then cars started whizzing through town.Weird,I thought,just a second ago it was as quiet as the grave itself,now,in a couple of seconds Hills bury drive had practically a traffic jam.I knew that it was all a dream,but I knew it was dream.I sat down on the porch and tried to find out what in the name of tarnishes was going on.Then,out of the blue,the trees started talking about what was going on.They said that I was the "chosen one"well one of em'.Why was I the chosen one?And what did it mean?The trees soon answered,they said that I,and only I,could save the world.What  about the other kids I wondered,then I felt like I was stronger then I really was,The trees told me great forces were entering my body,and I had to keep it away from the world,and I had to use it to save the world on a deadline,too.But how?When?Why?There were to many questions for them to answer.They slowly became trees again,I couldn't think about that now,I had to save the world and faster than a road runner running from a coyote.                                                                                                                                                                                                               

10 comments:

  1. I love your story but i would like if you gave the readers a little more knowledge about your story!

    ~Elle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the voice in this piece! I can hear a bit of Southern accent and am getting an idea of the character's personality. Mrs.Goins

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really good story, I really want to see what happens next!

    - Adria

    ReplyDelete
  4. You discribed the story well. I can't wait to see what will happen next. :)

    -Dennis K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey its Mathew i think you did really good i hope you make part 2 i wonder what will happen next

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, but you need to explain WHY the world needs to be saved.

    -Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hey Jack I will make sure to put that in number four! -speedy gonzales

      Delete
  7. I love the detail expetaly in the line "This was the day everthing would change' it hooked me

    -Kaleb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. I like it. Good detail and has good personality to it! Two thumbs up!

    --Lisa

    ReplyDelete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?