Wednesday, February 12, 2014
The Girl at Hogwarts, Part 2
Snow gulped and sucked in her breath. "I, um, wasn't doing anything." She breathed. The man stared at her. "Another Slytherin, hmm?" "Y-yes sir." "Well! I suspect we'll be seeing each other around. I'm professor Devon. Hope you don't 'sneak off' again." "Oh, sir, I wasn't..." "I know what you were doing! Now, go back into the hall!" "Yes sir." Snow rushed back down the hall and went to the line where Scorpius was. "Where were you?" He asked suspiciously. "Um, lost m' way!" She said. Then she looked away. A woman at the front was holding a ruffled brown hat in her hand. "Malfoy, Scorpius!" She shouted. Scorpius smiled and walked up. The hat barely touched his his head when the hat screamed "SLYTHERIN!" "Potter, Albus!" "GRYFFINDOR!" "Let's see..." the woman said. "Chang, Snow!" Snow nervously walked up. The hat seemed to be on her head for five minutes. Then it started mumbling. "Gryffindor, maybe? Ravenclaw would fit. Slytherin would, too. Hufflepuff is not for you." Scorpius's eyes were widening. He muttered something about Gryffindor. "Oh, well. SLYTHERIN!" Snow breathed out and walked over to Scorpius. He narrowed his eyes and started talking to her. "Why in Voldemort did it consider you Gryffindor?!" Snow was breathing darkly. "I-don't-know And who's Voldemort!?" She shouted at the top of her lungs. Everyone turned to her. Albus walked over and pointed his finger at her. "It doesn't matter who Voldemort is. All it matters is don't ask questions, because there's nothing you can do about it." Then he strutted away. Snow ran down the hall into a dark, barred area. Was this a- dungeon? She looked around and all she could see was bloodstains, cobwebs and stone. Where the heck was the exit? She ran around and slammed into a wall. A picture of a guy said, "Password?" Snow thought. Dungeons, so... this must be Slytherin's area! "Uh, Death?" "Wrong." "Snakes?" "Wrong." Snow pursed her lips and thought. "I got it! Pureblood!" The stones behind the portrait slid down and revealed a staircase. She walked down cautiously. She saw a black leathery couch and green-lit skull lamps. She collapsed on one of the couches. She was so hungry. Suddenly, Scorpius burst into the door. "We've all been looking for you!" He crossed his arms and walked out. Snow followed him. Scorpius turned around and hit her with all his strength. Then he just stood there, eyes wide. He shouted pureblood and ran out of the room. Snow just stayed on the floor, sprawled out. Then she slowly fell asleep. When Snow woke up, she was in a cotton cot. She was staring into a Get Well! sign. She had two questions floating in her head. Why was she here, and who sent the sign? She quickly realized that she must of fallen asleep, and they thought she passed out. But now she had no friends. Scorpius had turned against her, Albus despised her, and that girl Naomi Maxwell was just teasing her about her 'being in Slytherin.' She sat up and saw she had a silk black blanket and was sitting up in the darkest corner. She went back to sleep, and when she woke up, it was midnight. This was what she was waiting for. She ran to the Slytherin common room and got her bags. She brought them back up to the hospital wing. I'm going to abandon society, she thought. I've got no allies, so why wait? She slipped on her- where were he shirts and pants? All she saw were green and silver robes! This will have to do, she thought, quietly slipping on the robes. She took off the silk blanket and slipped it over her shoulders. The perfect hood. She could secretly do things for Slytherin, while people thought she was missing. She could play tricks on the Gryffindors. Especially Albus! She tied her hood around with the string and darted out of the wing. Then she heard a familiar voice. "Snow? Is that you? What are you doing in the hood and cloak? And are those robes underneath?" Snow sighed. "I can't lie to you Scorpius, I'm going to abandon society." Scorpius looked shocked. Then his expression darkened. "Fine with me." He said. "You're running away? You've only been here a day and a half." Snow grumbled. "I know. Leave me alone." She pulled up her hood. "Oh, and Snow? The headmaster's after you."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?