Sunday, March 9, 2014
Once Upon a Time
Crimson
Crimson went back to the castle after that. Cynthea, or Cyn, as the girl has preferred, was right that today was not the day to go, for they were not prepared. Perhaps tomorrow would be nice.
Crimson entered the portal once again and found herself in the castle. The maids had just mopped the tiles a second time. "Crim?"
Crimson saw her mum behind her and gasped of surprise.
"Good day, mum, how is it going?" Crimson asked, only afterwards realizing princesses don't say 'how is it going,' but say, 'how are you.'
Crimson's mom gave her a solid stare and smiled. "I am fine, thank you. Did you enjoy your lunch out on the gardens?" Her mum eyed Donia, who was hissing at her. Crimson smiled a practiced smile and set Donia to the floor, giving Donia a glare that changed to a sweet smile when Crimson turned back to her mum. "Oh, yes, yes I did. The gardens are... more relaxing than I thought." Crimson replied, eyeing Donia as she made her way into Crimson's room.
"Well, dear Crim, it seems that the coronation is drawing near. I need you to go see a special events planner named Chiyo Chang. She will decide on the details of the coronation."
Indeed, in seconds Crimson found herself sitting on a polished purple-glass table across from Chiyo Chang, who was dressed in a patterned Chinese Kimono, holding a hand fan over her lips, her hair tied in a tight bun.
Chang fanned her hand fan, then turned to Crimson's bored expression.
"Now, your majesty, will you pay me the honor of granting me your attention as I show you some details of your coronation?" Chang asked.
"Sure." Crimson smirked.
Chang shot Crimson a smile and pulled a small rectangular device with a long horizontal slit running through it. It was a Tech-Pad. Crimson knew this, because most of the time she spent in the castle she was usually playing with the technology. This also allowed her to be a good hacker, but she didn't use her ability much. Chang pressed the 'on' button on the device. Through the slit, the device presented a horizontal projection of a desktop screen.
Chang pressed a few apps on the side of the desktop projection. A window popped up, showing a slideshow. Chang waved her hand and the slideshow remained as it was.
"I am having some technology issues, your highness," Chang waved again. Crimson took the Tech-Pad and turned it off, then turned it over and opened a flap where all the wires were. Crimson adjusted a wire and turned it on again, waved her hand, and the slideshow went full screen.
"Thank you, your majesty." Chang said, taking the Tech-Pad back. The picture on there was of a very heavily jeweled purple dress with a sash of light-violet with a purple diamond rose embroidered on it.
"This is your coronation dress. We were hoping it be a little bit longer, to trail behind you." Chang said.
"Is it comfortable?" Crimson asked.
"The fabric has mostly cotton, with an exact measurement of 22 percent polyester. The cotton measurement is exactly-"
Crimson held up her hand. "Just-just say is it comfortable. Yes or no."
"Precisely a wonderful comfort, your most honored highness."
Chang gestured to the Tech-Pad and the picture moved to a purple veil with circular purple pearls embroidered here and there. The veil was terribly long.
"This veil is approximately, or most accurately as I can guess in a better definition, your size. It is a net-like fabric with a little bit of polyester. The pearls are 99.8 percent real."
Crimson found it annoying Chang wouldn't tell her what she needed to know.
2 comments:
The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may
be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?
Who is Crimson marrying?
ReplyDeleteMrs.Goins
oops fixed that to coronation dress silly me
ReplyDelete-jojo