Sunday, April 13, 2014

Roman Chronicles: Book 1, Apollo: Chapter 7, Re-Pledging

All of her beauty was sucked out, along with most of her life force. Then, Nico came strolling in. "Hey, X." Then he saw her lifeless body. "I'll get her to the big house in a few seconds!" He closed his eyes and appeared next to me. He touched Alexa and me and closed his eyes again. At first, I felt I was eternally stuck in a ice cube with no warm clothes and I already had Hypothermia. Then the scene faded to the big house. I blinked. "Wow. That was-" "Great." Alexa woke up. She saw Nico touching her and said, "Ew." She was pretty. Really pretty. She had long chocolate-brown hair that was straight and went down to her waist. Her eyes were the color of shining emeralds, brown topaz (Pretty brown, not poo brown,) and sapphires,  and she was wearing non-typical hunter of Artemis clothes. No silver! That was absoulutely crazy. She had a white dress that went to her knees and a gold chain that seemed to be made out of steel links. She was wearing grey high-tops, and a black bow was slung over her shoulder. "Thyn Gods, where is mine Spitfire?" She said nervously. I looked at Nico. He shrugged and mouthed, "No idea." I shrugged back. Nico walks forwards and asks, "Who's-" She glares at him and aims her bow at him. I slide forward. "Woah, whoa. Break it up." She looks to me, and puts her head up. "A child of love in the love of Hades' child?" I turned bright red. "No! Nico's my... kinda-sorta brother." Nico nods. "Well! Child of love, I shall go." I take her shoulder and glare at her. "First: I am not Aphrodite's kid. Second: My father is Ouranos. Third: Who in the immortals is Spitfire?" She stares at me, then forms a smile. "Oh, forgive me. Thou is a beautiful maiden. I have mistaken thou for thy muse of beauty. Spitfire, is mine wolf. Shalt you be in process of thyn helping?" I replied a simple, "Yes. But what is your name?" I already knew her first name, but not her last. Her smile faded. "That is not, of thyn concern. But, if thou must know... Alexandria Shakespeare." She quickly turned her head and walked away. Nico sat up and rubbed his black hair. "She's so pretty... Yeah, I forgot to tell you. You know how Hunters can only die in battle? Yeah... she's survived... for 466 years. Her dad was 'Ol William Shakespeare." I looked at him. "And... you forgot to tell me this before...?" Nico scratched his head. "Not my fault... I was just, y'know..." He blinked and dissapeared in a flurry of shadows. That's the thing with Nico. Most people would say 'When the going gets tough, the tough get going,' but not Nico. He says, 'When the going get tough, just shadow-travel somewhere else, peace.' I sighed. Where the heck did he go? I thought about it, and then thought, Probably to China, if I know Nico. But then I thought, Wait, I DON'T know Nico... NOT knowing Nico, he'd probably go to... Oh, Nico. You stupid little- I walked to the stable and thought. Then I said aloud, "If Ouranos is the father of all the big three, do I have all of their powers?" I tried it. Every horse seemed to say, Pick me, ride me, king!  ,That was, until I saw the silver one. It was a bright silver gypsy-vanner horse with beautiful shimmering bronze wings. It had emerald-colored eyes, and its mane had stars in it. I mounted it, and rode to the Door of Orpheus. Without PJO, I definitely wouldn't know any of this stuff... Problem: I couldn't sing. But, that wasn't my problem. I took out my iPod and played 'Video Killed the Radio Star.' Hey, it had nothing to do with Greece, but the Buggles were as weird as Greecians. The doors creaked open. Then, Nico came out from behind. "Fine, you caught me." He said. then I asked, "What were you doing with Alexa?" He stuttered, "None of your business." Then I asked, "What are you doing in the Underworld?" He looked up. "If you really want to know... I was going to swim in the river Styx."

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?