Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Quest to Normal: Teaser

Spencer Bradley? God, he would probably be marked the poorest kid of the poorest person in the poorest family EVER. Why, he's so poor he can't afford a loaf of stale, moldy bread. But thank god: Spencer can get by, snap easy. Try guessing why he can get by. Your guess was probably a few kilos off. Because he's hot. NO. NO, NO, NO. Not in that way. Well, yeah, sorta. He's quite good-looking, but no, that's not what we meant. Here, I asked some of my classmates what they thought 'hot' meant in this book.
Spencer: YOU KID? Wait, wait, wait! You're making another book with my name as the main character. Dude, this is like the billionth time.
Me: Answer the dumb question.
Spencer: Uh, let's see..... I DON'T FRICKIN' KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION! I'm just gonna say sexy.
Me: *facepalm*
Caleb:....Bradley's my last name. YOU STOLE IT! YOU STOLE MY LAST NAME, TABLET BREAKER!
Me: Caleb Ian Bradley, just answer the question.
Caleb: OK, OK! Uh, burning to a crispy ***k while coach doesn't let us stay in and play crab soccer.
Me: Caleb, no cussing.
Carter: Unicorns are amazing.
Me: Moving on, Kelly. What do you think?
Carter: Hot means an apple (le awesome apples) pie being eaten by hot pink unicorns.
Me: .....how are you even a boy?
Ok, clearly, even though Caleb isn't 'clean', he did sort of get the closest. Carter wasn't even close, the apple-obsessed, unicorn-loving, hot-pink fanatic. Anyway, Spencer has the power of a human fireball. Think of that guy in fantastic four. Need I say more? (Hey, I was a poet, and I didn't know it.)
Then
It
comes.
You probably are like, "Who's it?"
Intergalactic Terminator. Exactly what he sounds like. 
He's destroying everything, one
dot
at
a
time.
He's basically pushing the sun closer to Earth. And. It's up to
SPENCER
to stop that freak.

4 comments:

  1. You wrote a cuss word!Hallelujah!

    ~Quicksilver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ???? That's just what Caleb said. In real life. I didn't ACTUALLY make up the interviewed, Caleb, Spencer, Carter. They're actually in my class.
      Prussia's Sword

      Delete
    2. So...does that mean Carter is a brony?'Cause if so,tell him
      he's awesome.

      ~Quicksilver

      Delete
    3. Oh and the human torch's name in the fantastic four is Jonny.I'm a marvel geek.XD

      ~Quicksilver

      Delete

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?