Monday, January 19, 2015

Anime Unite!: Chapter 6

"WHY does Fernandes always run off like that?" Lyon mumbled.
"I don't know." Iris replied. "Is Jellal normally like that around her?"
Gray leaned over. "Actually, before he proposed, he got quiet and moody in her presence. He's a good liar, but she can see right through him. His normal self... he despises himself. He hates the trouble he's caused for other people. He lives his life under punishment. So don't hate the guy, though most of the time I hate him..."
"We're going after him." Said Ash.
"I thought you hated him?" I said.
"I do hate him. But isn't he your friend?"
"...yes." I muttered.
Erza started to laugh. "I hope he doesn't go looking for Zeref."
"What? Why?" Cilan asked.
"Those police officers were lucky they were just knocked out. If you get too close to him.... death."
We were all quiet.
"I know Jellal's going to break the marriage. I'm sure of that. But... Ash, you are right. We must go after him." Erza said quietly.
"Do you have magic, Erza?"
Gray snorted. "Have magic? She's one of the most powerful wizards."
~-~-~
Jellal was literally staring at Zeref from the air.
Cilan, Ash, and Iris were gaping at Zeref.
The trees, grass, and flowers around him were crumbling into ashes.
"They're d-dying.... will the Pokemon die too?"
"Seems like they've already fled." I said.
Zeref's head whipped towards Jellal. "Were you watching me?"
Jellal's eyes widened. "It's Zeref.... you. IT'S YOUR FAULT! You're the reason I'm a criminal! Why 8 years of my life were thrown away!"
"Please..." Zeref said.
"Please WHAT? Please mercy? Please leave? Please don't?"
"Please... r-run away."
"NO! HEAVENLY BODY MAGIC- AL-"
I knocked him out of the air. "Jellal, if you've already forgotten, that's Zeref. The one who easily possessed you and nearly killed you."
"I'm SORRY! I d-don't want to kill... anyone."
I have to admit, I was shocked. My poison wings went out, and I fell straight on top of Zeref.
I quickly scrambled off. "Sorry! Sorry, I didn't mean to--"
"You didn't die." He mumbled.
"I didn't-" I had kinda-sorta forgot I had landed on a death wizard who killed everyone he touched. "I didn't die... that's some pretty weird..."
"D-death magic: d-d-death orb!"
He shot an obsidian-black orb at me. I... absorbed it.
"DEATH MAGIC: DEATH PILLAR!"
The largest black pillar I had ever seen engulfed me.
I slashed my hand, and it disappeared.
Zeref went silent. "Death magic-"
An ice spear landed on the side of Zeref. It turned into smoke and blew away.
"Are you TRYING to kill her?" Gray threw another spear, but Zeref caught it.
It blew away as smoke, also.
"GRAY. Shut. Up." Lyon elbowed his stomach.
"What was THAT for, ice tramp?"
"For nothing, stripping bastard!"
"You little sub-zero idiot!"
"Underwear man!"
"Snow moron!"
"Naked fool!"
"Icicle ass!"
"Why you--" Lyon started.
"BOTH OF YOU, SHUT IT!" Erza knocked the back of her sword onto them. They fell into a tree.
"...you are immune to my black magic." he murmured.
"Yep. So, anyway, are you hungry?"
"....what?"
"Are you hungry? Cilan's a pretty good cook."
He was quiet.
"Just a bit."
~-~
Zeref ate a forkful of Cilan's pot-a-feu. "I haven't eaten in seven months."
"AND YOU WERE ONLY A LITTLE BIT HUNGRY?" Gray yelled. He was sitting next to Zeref, rather nervous and obviously scared. He was finishing his seventh bowl.
"My magic... doesn't work to the full extent in this world.... it knocks you out... or just gives you a scar. But... you can't be fully immune to it."
"Mm. I'm full. Dude, Zeref, that doesn't exactly mean you have go blasting your magic at everyone."
"You-- Gray."
Gray scooted his chair away. "Y-yeah?"
"Why did you throw that spear at me?"
"Uh... Silver-- was-- dark magic... throw... dark.... black.... um." He stuffed food into his mouth.
"Aw, does Fullbuster have a crush?" sang Lyon.
"Shut up, Vast face."
"I could say the same to you, stripper."
Jellal slammed down his fist. He hadn't even touched his fork. "Iris. My challenge still stands."
"Are you 100% sure?"
"Yes. In fact, I will battle ALL of your monsters, Ash, Cilan, and Iris! Let loose all of them. I'll stand against them."
Ash stood up. "I'll go with Pikachu and Charizard!"
"Crustle and Pansage!" Cilan yelled.
"Axew, Excadrill! We can take this guy!" Iris added, pretty loudly.
I sighed. "How they pronounce those names, I'll never know..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?