Saturday, February 14, 2015

A Deadly Spell: Chapter 1


Ash was walking down the hall to magic history class, when she saw a huge mob standing outside the classroom.
"Icicle, Flora, Cari! What's going on?" Ash asked when she saw her friends in the crowd. Before anyone could answer, the door magically opened, and Mrs. Hisstory, the magic history teacher, a gorgon, fell to the floor in front of them. The headmistress flew down the hallway as fast as she could.
"What is all of this about?" the headmistress asked.
"It's Mrs. Hisstory, she's fainted," a werewolf said nervously.
"And she'll stay that way until I say so," a voice said from inside the classroom. The student body looked inside the classroom only to see the shadow of  a teenage girl.
"Show youself!" the headmistress demanded, and the girl came out of the shadows.
"Look who's home!" the girl sang cheerfully.
"Deathany, is it really you?" Icicle said cautiously, stepping toward the girl.
"Yes, and I have come for what I deserve," Deathany sneered, and all of a sudden, Icicle felt a searing pain. She fell to the floor feeling like she would die with the touch of a fingernail.
"What have you done!" Ash shrieked, rushing to her friend's side.
"I took her magic, all of it, she's only drained," Deathany replied. "You see, I went to the underworld, the birthplace of my power. I practiced my magic, and eventually, I had trained myself how to do everything you all said I would never be able to do." The headmistress then atempted to attack Deathany, when the headmistress then felt the searing pain, and fell to the floor.
"Ha, this is easier than I thought," Deathany said. The student body stepped well away from the headmistress lying on the ground.
"Until we meet again," Deathany said as she disappeared into a cloud of shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art and Aspirations of a Commenter 
I believe in the power of a free exchange of ideas. I also recognize that words or access to
some information can be of harm to others, intentionally or unintentionally. As a
commenter, I therefore aspire to participate responsibly in the great online conversation
 by:
* treating all bloggers with respect.
* seeking first to understand what is being said.
* celebrating another's accomplishments.
* using school appropriate language.
* rephrasing ideas in the blog that made me think, made me feel, or helped me learn
to let the blogger know his/her voice has been heard.
* commenting specifically and positively, without criticism. If I disagree, I will
comment appropriately, politely stating my perspective.
* being mindful always that I may be a role model to my audience, especially if they 
are younger than I.
* making no reference to, link to, and/or giving access to any information that may 
 be inappropriate for a school setting.
* asking at least one question in my comment with the hopes of continuing a
conversation and deepening thinking.
* using a triple check before submitting any comment: Would I be happy to have my 
mother read this comment? My grandmother? My favorite teacher?